Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Headphones power on automatically

Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to post. We are very sorry for all the trouble you have experienced with your headphones. We understand it's frustrating when a product stops working properly. We generally don't repair headphones but would rather replace them with a new pair. Even beyond the warranty period, we try to provide service options that would involve a replacement at a discounted rate. For the available options for your situation, we would encourage you to work closely with your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2018

Hi Tony,

I did contact support... twice. The first person was very nice- initially said it would cost me 180$ to replace them, then after I said that it's a little ridiculous for me to pay to fix a known issue (since this is the 2nd time it has happened), she acted like she was doing me a favor and offered 130$. In the moment, I accepted, but after doing more research, and seeing how widespread of a problem it is, I found it quite unfair to charge us money to replace a defective product. So I called back to cancel everything, and the next representative was quite rude and just wanted to get me off of the phone.

It seems like Bose Customer Service is hit or miss. And since the power switch hasn't changed in the QC35 II, clearly this will happen again. I just don't see it fair or wise to charge us for something that is clearly defective through no fault of our own.  Again I love the headphones, but paying more for something that should already work seems a little nutty.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 12, 2017

I also had headphones fail in the same way being described in this thread about a month after they were out of warranty, only to be offered a discounted purchase option instead of replacement for a known hardware defect. I will no longer be using Bose for any of my headphone/home theater needs. Poor customer service, and obvious hardware failure issues, are not ways to win my business moving forward.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 26, 2018

And exactly why would I pay money for your to provide me with a pair of headphones that work, when my initial purchase should have provided me with product in good working order? This is the kind of business model that I'd expect from a company that sells 40$ headphones... Never mind, I already know to stay away from your built in obsolescence.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 4, 2018

Re: QC35 Power Switch ... me too (turning on while OFF)

Hi,

I'm having the same issue with my QC35's which are switching themselves on automatically, and won't stay turned off, draining the battery so they are flat, and of no use to me when I want to use them. I have also been advised by my local Bose customer support that the only option is to replace them with the newer model, at a "25% discount" from the published price + P&H, which happens to be higher than the price I can purchase a new set delivered from another store online. 

This is not the solution you would expect of a company that has respect for its customers, or which stands by the quality of its products.

I used to rave about my QC35's, and think highly of the quality of Bose poducts, however this issue and its handling by Bose is really souring the experience for me. 

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2018

My husband called Bose Customer Support, since he's typically a lot better at dealing with these sorts of things than I am. He asked for a supervisor after the CSR said the same thing. The supervisor proceeded to tell my husband that they are SUPPOSED to turn back on automatically... referred to it as a "feature", and said "that's how bluetooth devices work". I nearly fell out of my chair!

Their customer service is absolutely laughable at this point. All we want are headphones that work. Does Bose not stand behind their products anymore?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2018

Same issue for me. My first pair had the exact same problem, and it was within the warranty period. My 2nd pair was just outside the warranty period, and they could only offer a 50% discount on the QC35 IIs. In our latest conversation with Bose Customer Support, the supervisor told us that it was SUPPOSED to turn back on automatically, referred to it as a "feature", and said "that's how bluetooth works".

After owning many Bose products over the years, I think we are done. If Bose doesn't stand behind their products, then why should we?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

Lol! What a great “feature”. Love having m battery dead every time I pull them out of the case. Funny how this “feature” only starts after 14 months. The customer service is a joke and the excuses are endless with them. I’m done with Bose and their products.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 29, 2018

Wow, id think you were joking except that sounds exactly like how a corporate customer support would spin an issue they can't/don't want to acknowledge.

Its to the point i cant have my QC's in the house anymore because the blutooth will hijack my phone mid conversation when they turn on inside the case in my work bag. Is that part of the 'feature'?

Good news is the newest Sony XM3's have been getting some rave reviews

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2018

Re: QC35 Headphones Turning Itself On?

Hi

I have the same issue as well.  I have done everything mentioned on this board and nothing has worked.  Customer service as well told me that I get 100$ off a new pair of headphones because it is out of warranty (purchased on October 2016)  

There are numerous conversations on this topic which leads me to believe this is systemic.  Considering the price of the product and the fact that it seems hundreds of people have this issue, this defect would fall outside the warranty and should be considered a production defect.  Where I am from, we have consumers laws that protects consumers against this sort of discrimination.  I will inquire with the relevant governement agency about my right as a consumer.  Limited Warranty does not mean limited liability if the product you sell has a major defect such as this one.

Also, why is it that some people can get new headphones for free and other do not?  What is the logic behind this seemingly random attribution of new headphones ?  If we all have the same problem, everyone should be treated equally... 

I would appreciate if you could get back to me on the next step as well as to why some people are able to get new headphones and others not with the same issue

In the meanwhile, I will inquire with my gouvernement’s Consummers Law Agency in regards to my rights and will get back to you with their answer (btw, I live in Canada)

Thanks