fhosein
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 7, 2018

Re: QC35 Power Switch ... me too (turning on while OFF)

I just came to the Bose website to search for this problem and indeed it appears to be a manufacturer defect! Quite surprised that this is how they have chosen to deal with it but not honoring the supposed quality of their product. I would not have expected this from Bose. I will make one attempt at their store in person and hope to get a positive response. If not we should all publicize this poor customer service, because clearly this is a product defect.

Highlighted
Basjo21
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

Re: QC35 Power Switch ... me too (turning on while OFF)

Good luck in the store, hopefully you get the right person and they will actually help you. I have had no such luck in store and multiple phone and online chats. All have the same response. They all have said just by a new pair at a discount of 25%-50% off. Very poor and definitely not the response I expected from a company that claims to make high quality products. None of us with the same problem want anything more than to have our product fixed so that we can use headphones as we purchased.
Highlighted
Basjo21
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

Re: QC35 Headphones Turning Itself On?

Bose team,

I had multiple flights over the weekend, lots of noise and crying kids. What I didn’t have were headphones that worked because they continue to turn on by themselves and run out the battery. This is not acceptable to have paid so much for the product only to have them be defective just over a year later. Bose does not seem concerned about such a defect or the customers that purchased them. More concerned with getting us to buy the new version with a promise that the new ones are not defective, even though they won’t acknowledge that the qc35s are defective. They simply could fix the issue by replacing all the defective pairs and if the issue is so small it would not be a problem for them. Offering us all some form of “deal” on the new pair is not acceptable.
Highlighted
Basjo21
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

Re: Headphones power on automatically

I have the same problem, now with two sets of headphones bought from the same store the same day. One failed after 14 months the othe after 18 months. Both turn on by themselves and run out the battery. Like the hundreds of other people with the same issue Bose is doing nothing to fixes other than wanting $600 more dollars for the new improved version. I have talked to all forms of customer service getting many different answers from all of them. “Deals” from 25-50% off a new pair. Its not happening for me as I’ll never give Bose another dollar until they remedy this defective product. Unfortunately customer service does not seem to care and we have no other options. Sad that Bose puts themselves out as a premier product but really selling defective products and completely fail on customer service. Those of us that have been burned need to continue to fight until they get it right or continue to tell other people about Bose as a company and how they pretend to care about customers, but really don’t at all.
Highlighted
yahhussain
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 10, 2018

My Bose QC-35 keeps turning on by itself. Very annoying! Don't know what to do. I tried what you have suggested but it doesnt help. Can anyone help? How long is the warranty? Can I get a prorated rebate to buy new ones?

Highlighted
Basjo21
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

Sorry to here about your defective headphones. You are one of very many that have the same problem. Bose offers a 1 year warranty, after that they do not care. They will offer 25-50% off full price on the new model that also has many issues. Be very careful as they don’t stand behind defective products. I’ve tried all forms of customer service and all just want to sell you a new improved headphones with a promise those are better and won’t be defective. Good luck, if your headphones are less than a year old they should replace them. If they are more than a year old they really only want more of your money. Good luck.
Highlighted
cw77
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

Small part of me is glad to see that I'm not the only one experiencing this.  Larger part of me is very disappointed that Bose apparently refuses to acknowledge that there's an obvious hardware defect with the QC35's.  My first Bose headphones were QC2's, and they served me faithfully for years, and I was proud to tell people how happy I was with them.  Eventually ended up getting the QC35's in 2016 & was looking forward to several years with the updated model.  After barely 18 months, they're essentially worthless as the battery is always running down.  Sad.

Will try one final firmware update.  If that doesn't help, Sony will have a new customer.

Highlighted
Basjo21
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

I know the feeling, I’m in the exact same boat. Waiting for another firmware to come out and hopes that will fix it ,but I’m not holding out much hope. Disappointed with Bose as this is the second and last time I’ve had a Bose product fail a month outside of warranty. Probably start to check out Sony and a few other options if I have to buy a new pair it certainly won’t be Bose. I had purchased the qc35 II for my wife as a gift but returned them while I still had a chance. If Bose would simply acknowledge they have a defect in their product I would be happy.
Highlighted
delightful
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 23, 2016

I've had QC 35 for a little over a year with less than 24 hours of use, which made it difficult to believe it's a defective device like it appeared. I was concerned because even though they're "like new" it was pass the warranty by a month or two.

Having experienced  the same issue for awhile now I finally reached out to Bose support and was fortunate to speak with a rep that was aware of the problem.

Discovered that it's not a defective headphone/hardware issue, but actually a firmware issue when having more than one bose bluetooth product plugged in..

I guess it was meant as a "feature" for their bluetooth products to turn on and connect automatically..

Was also told the developers are working on fixing it and hopefully should have a fix in the relatively near future.

Bose support recommended (as a temp fix) to unplug all other Bose bluetooth products, which for me was a SoundTouch speaker. The SoundTouch speaker had similar issues (auto turn on) and they said that would be fixed as well.

There is also an alert setting in the Bose Connect app to have the headphones turn off after 5+ minutes. It's called something like "Stand by Alert". This didn't work for me so I just unplugged the SoundTouch and seems to have stopped turning on by itself.

So, it's not a hardware problem, just a very frustrating one that they've been slow at accepting as a bug instead of a feature.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Basjo21
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

Thanks for the info, it gives me a little hope that something might be done to fix the problem. Reps have told might multiple different things about what might be wrong. I do not have any other Bose products that are plugged in at the moment so I can’t speak to that working for me. I have turned on stand by mode to 5 min and headphones turned off for the first time in months, I will monitor to see if they stay off. I hopei g they have a fix soon as I have already taken two airplane trips without my Bose and really miss the noise cancellation. I’ll wait around for another firmware update before I buy the Sony’s I have my eye on. Wish Bose would be more forthcoming with info and just tell everybody they messed up the firmware and are working on a fix instead of denying any issues in the first place.