Highlighted
pablohs
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 29, 2018

Re: QC35 Headphones Turning Itself On?

It happens the same. Already updated with btu.bose.com and reset the headphones. It is a more common problem than you are saying. How difficult is to keep them off when the phisical switch is off? Last Bose product for me.
Highlighted
Barkley
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Re: QC35 Power Switch ... me too (turning on while OFF)

Hi dear. I have same problem but living in Korea. QC35, I bought in Japan. what should I do in this case?
Barkley
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

hi even with newest firmware, it is not fixed.
Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Sorry to tell you that it was the latest firmware that caused the problem.  There is absolutely nothing you can do but wait with the rest of us for the fix in the next firmware update.  I have no clue when that will be but I suspect we will see something by end of 1st Quarter 2019 (perhaps this year).

Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

fyi - Greg_B... you posted this as a 'solution' when in fact there is NO solution as of yet.  The fix will be in the next firmware release and we have no idea when that will be.  Could be days or months.  In the meantime, any time the QC 35 (I or II) comes near a bluetooth device, paired or unmanned, yours or someone else's, thanks to BLE (Bluetooth low emission), it may/will turn on even if the switch says off.  The auto time off may not work and even if it did, the QC 35 will turn itself back on again.  About the only 'workaround' I have found is to keep the QC 35 always plugged in and charging when not in use.

Highlighted
Barkley
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Hi, strange thing is I've never updated firmware till yesterday. But this problem started several months ago when I didn't even know about Bose connect app.

my opinion is this cannot be because of firmware.

touching any button makes QC35 on. and never turns off.......

thanks.
Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Well one thing we do not know is how many versions back in the firmware was the BLE issue implemented/introduced.  You may have purchased the QC-35 with firmware that already have the problem.  Bose at many different 'levels' (including US supervisory personnel) have told me that their BLE implementation in the QC-35 firmware has manifested in this QC-35 turning itself on.   Could there be an on/off switch problem as well - possible.  But if you exchange your device for another - that may or may not solve your 'issue'.  First you may get a device with firmware that has the BLE issue or if it is indeed a on/off switch problem, you may get another QC-35 with the same hardware issue.

We need to wait for Bose to claim they have fixed the firmware to eliminate the symptom and then download and install that firmware into our QC-35.  Then if there is still a problem either (a) they did not totally fix it in the firmware or (b) it then becomes a hardware issue.

Highlighted
fhosein
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 7, 2018

I have never touched the firmware on my headphones, not once since I started using them. Many others have indicated that the problem starts occuring after approx 1 year of use. Suggesting it is the firmware is a convenient was to sidestep the real issue of it being a hardware failure.

I wonder what your objective is of suggesting is it firmware? The facts clearly indicate it is not.

Highlighted
Barkley
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

I also agree with you.

But as I am travelling a lot, I cannot wait till Bose fix this problem.

Clicking already to purchase sony.

I am using more than 5 bose products but, hope bose to know wasting loyal customers time will lead to bad result. 

Rather change the defect ones with new one and study the problem seriously.

As we are also so serious.

Highlighted
allanenoc@yahoo.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2018

Re: QC35 Headphones Turning Itself On?

Hi, i had a similar problem when my QC35 keeps switching itself on even when the toggle is at the off position, and drains the battery by morning. What i did I contacted customer support and told them what the problem was. I was quite surprised when customer support said they will replace my QC35 1 with a brand new QC35 II FREE OF CHARGE as it is still under 3 years warranty not 1 year.
My advise is contact customer support and hopefully they will offer u the same as what i had as these headphones are covered with a 3 year warranty. (product was purchased in the UK).
Hope this helps.