QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

SOLVED
Bose Best Answer selected by ModeratorMohsin_S
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

@Tony_G 

Besides the fact that peoples' headphones are not working properly, you can tell that everyone is getting frustrated that some people are getting free replacements with support and others are getting weak discounts, which means the owner needs to pay hundreds of dollars to fix their headphones from this defect.

People have also sent their defective headphones into Bose for analysis. That was a long time ago at this point, and it seems like a root cause analysis shouldn't have taken more than a week or so. Why the silence? Bose doesn't want to own up to this defect and issue some public bulletin with expectations and a procedure for replacement?

Those reasons are compounding the frustration, that's why you're having unhappy customers keep posting the same thing.

Audible Advocate

Is there anyone who has called support and escalated to a supervisor that has still been denied a free replacement set of headphones? I know it is not the best path to a resolution to have to be that persistent but Bose does seem to be doing the right thing ultimately if you are persistent enough and go through their troubleshooting process.

As for "root cause analysis shouldn't have taken more than a week or so" that's a bit unrealistic for an issue on a complex electronic device. They are going to want to be certain of the situation before they publicize anything and start an official resolution program.

Silent Starter

QC35 Power Switch

My power switch has recently stopped working. When I slide the switch to the right to turn on the headphones and bluetooth, nothing happens - the battery level is no longer announced, nor is it paired with my iPhone. I have confirmed I have 100% charge in the headphones given the green LED indicator light. I also made sure the volume is turned up. It appears as I don't have any indicator light status for bluetooth either.

Anyone else run into a similar issue?

Thanks,

Amy

Animated Arbiter

Hi BigBlue

I've spoken with a Supervisor, but I've not been offered a free replacement set of headphones. We went through a rather silly time of trying to get my headphones to stay off while we tried to install a fix, so it's not as though she wasn't made aware of just how dire the problem was.

I am very disappointed in Bose, and definitely moving towards Seriously Cranky.

Animated Arbiter

Re: Headphones power on automatically

Hi cassiofm, Well, all I can say is I wish Bose Australia were as on the ball as Bose Japan. All I got from the supervisor here was a 'fix' that hasn't worked and an offer to buy the QF35II for $375. I am extremely disappointed with Bose.

Audible Advocate

Vojo,

Did you tell them that you wanted and expected a free replacement or were you just waiting for them to offer it? Seems that you have to be insistent before they concede.

Animated Arbiter

Hi BigBlue

I'm pretty sure I did say exactly that. I absolutely said I wanted a pair that worked, that I didn't care whether it was a QF35I or a QF35II and that I didn't see why I should pay a further $375 to get a replacement pair.

It's adding to the frustration when some customers are getting free replacements and some are not, don't you think?

Audible Advocate

Yes, if some folks are getting different results that is very frustratring...

Wistful Whiz

@VojoIf you are not being offered a free upgrade, keep trying.  keep escalating and if necessary ask to speak to a supervisor in the US and in particular in Boston where Bose HQ is.  The word is not out consistently imho to Bose support people.  Whether you get a free exchange offer or not is hit or miss.  As you can see, some people have persisted and got it while others keep being asked to pay.  I was offered a free exchange back in Nov.  I have called back at least three times since just to see what the policy is and was told all three times, after the troubleshooting protocol if they determine your QC35 is one of the ones that keeps turning on, you will be offered a free exchange to a QC 35ii.  I would not suggest you go with a QC35i since you may end up with the issue again (as we still don't officially know the cause).

It is not 'fair' that some do and some don't and some countries do and some countries don't.  But that is currently the real world of Bose.  Not much else you can do if you want action now and don't want to wait (for who knows how long), for Bose to come up with an official explanation and recommended next step or you don't want to follow the DIY instructions and fix the on/off switch contacts yourself.

Audible Advocate

That link has been down since at least yesterday. Mine are going dead while the switch is in the off position. With only a limited number of charge cycles on a battery that cannot be replaced, I am not happy to be losing cycles repeatedly after a charge for no use. Did the update released last week address this issue?