kkkirill
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 14, 2019

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

Hello .
I just wanted To let you guys know ,
I have QC 35 , and I start expirience this issue few weeks ago.
I start looking today on the internet about this issue.

and found this website, I read almost 20 pages here, and I went to local Bose Shop they try update and reset my headphones and nothing help, employee over there told me call this number ( bose compony) and he also offerd me new headphonse for 250Cdollars+-.
So I calld the number, Talked to a Women I explained everything, she said "I understand that in shop they try fix it and offer you new headphones for xxx money" i say yes and thank you I just want my headphones fixed....I told her that i read on Website Bose WebSite, that peoplese getting replacements for this issue ....and she told me " my hands tied and I cant Help you.

I said Thank you and after I asked to transfer to Supervisor.(( Peoples here said you need to talk "bad" and argue with them but  I didnt and was just a nice converstation.))
SupreVisor :she allready knew what is going on, and after 1 min of conversetion she offer me brand new QC35II as a replacement for free.
gonna go UPS tomorow and send my old one(QC35 old version*).
So i just wanna thank all peoples here with help and what to do.
Thanks Bose for fast help and very nice support over the phone !
Thank you and happy Valentien's Day.

Im from Canada 

Sorry for English , English is not my main .

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

This is the longest of the posts on this topic.  As customers (and I am one), we are all relatively sure that the problem has to do with loose contacts in the on/off switch.  There is absolutely nothing a customer can do.  The options (unless you sell or otherwise get rid of the headphones) is to (a) fix it yourself with the instructions and pictures further back in this post or (b) get Bose to give you an exchange.  Unfortunately as you have experienced yourself that not everyone in Bose support is instructed to say and do the same thing.  It's not some sort of a 'conspiracy' or reason to generate more money in my opinion - just general 'inexptness' or perhaps the lack of central control of the policy for this situation.  In any case, as you can see, currently, the best way to get a free exchange even out of warrantee is to keep calling back, escalating to a supervisor, or to talk to someone in Framingham, Mass. where Bose HQ is located.

I talked to a senior manager in Bose two weeks ago (in general and not for myself) and we discussed the issue and the lack of a common support posture and he said senior Bose people will look into everything more closely.  This may take some number of weeks and I have no idea what will result but I hope it will improve the situation for those having the issues - especially for those in Austrailia 🙂

lugufe
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Just had the same problem in Germany.

Talked to support and this is their reply:

Dear Fernandes,

thank you for your Message.

We don't repair headphones, you have understood correctly that headphones will not be repaired.
But we will replace the headphones, whereby replacement outside the warranty costs 285€ and with warraty the whole process is free of charge.

Yours sincerely

Natal N.
Kundenberater

As I'm out of warranty, I have to accept that the headphones are like this forever and that they do absolutely nothing to help.

I have to say that I'm extremely disappointed with Bose. Made sure to update my review on Amazon. Will never buy another product from them again.

chriswoodle
Serene Sponsor
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Re: Headphones power on automatically

You guys here are heros. This has been driving me crazy for months. Bent the switch pins and they work like new.

HAL9000
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

Hi @lugufe 

I have had exactly the same reply a couple of days ago in Germany.

Unfortunately my problem is worse than that - the device would turn off immediately/wouldn't turn on at all.

I find this an unacceptable and ill response to a production defect and/or design flaw that plagues thousands of headphones. Unfortunately I have already recommended QC35 to a couple of my friends who have bought them.

lugufe
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

@HAL9000 wrote:

Hi @lugufe 

I have had exactly the same reply a couple of days ago in Germany.

Unfortunately my problem is worse than that - the device would turn off immediately/wouldn't turn on at all.

I find this an unacceptable and ill response to a production defect and/or design flaw that plagues thousands of headphones. Unfortunately I have already recommended QC35 to a couple of my friends who have bought them.

Yep. It sucks man.

I also don't think we will get any moderator replying to us in here. Better for them to pretent we don't exist.

shnorkiller
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 20, 2019

I'm struggling with this same issue in South Africa. I cant believe Bose are not prepared to repluce what is very clearly a manufacturing defect.

ben31084
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 6, 2019

So, update on my case here in Aus. After I got off the phone to the useless support line, I called my local store. They got in touch with the service centre in Sydney who called me a few days later to talk through it. 5 min call, and they were great. They sent me a return/paid envelope label and asked me to send them in for inspection. 

Catch is.....the issue has gone away! I'll send them in if (when?) they start acting up again.  

Vojo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2019

@shnorkiller wrote:

“I'm struggling with this same issue in South Africa. I cant believe Bose are not prepared to repluce what is very clearly a manufacturing defect.”

I find it astonishing myself. I used to think Bose made quality products. I bought Bose over other brands. Never again! I’ve been left absolutely floored by their attitude over this. The customer service dept (hmm, I think that’s a fairly serious misnomer) here in Australia is appalling. It’s like trench warfare. Lots of effort to get absolutely nowhere.

Highlighted
Vojo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2019

@ben31084 

Catch is.....the issue has gone away! I'll send them in if (when?) they start acting up again.  

Ben, are your headphones still under warranty? I’m in Australia too, and I’ve had no joy at all.  I’ve found that mine get worse as the battery runs down.