lugufe
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

@lugufe wrote:

@HAL9000 wrote:

Hi @lugufe 

I have had exactly the same reply a couple of days ago in Germany.

Unfortunately my problem is worse than that - the device would turn off immediately/wouldn't turn on at all.

I find this an unacceptable and ill response to a production defect and/or design flaw that plagues thousands of headphones. Unfortunately I have already recommended QC35 to a couple of my friends who have bought them.

Yep. It sucks man.

I also don't think we will get any moderator replying to us in here. Better for them to pretent we don't exist.

Just got an email from Bose asking to answer a survey. The first sentence on the servey was (translated from German):

Bose customer service is paramount. Therefore, we are constantly looking for ways to make things even better. We just can not help it.

I laughed!

JeanZ
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

Re: Headphones power on automatically

Went to Bose store in Sydney Homebush DFO few weeks ago, turned out to be a waste of time, the shop staff didn't even heard about this issue, only thing he can do is offer me a "deal"  - three hunderd something for a new pair of QC35ii (didn't even bother to remenber how much it was).

went to Bose in Shanghai last week, staff never heard anything about this issue either.

waiting for a proper solution from the Bose AU official to save my beloved QC35 from turning into a crappy headache device.

Olimimi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 22, 2019

Hello everybody,

I post this message just to tell you my experience with the Bose support about this probleme of QC35 I that doesn't want to shut down. For information, my location is in France.

I contacted Bose support by Whatsapp as suggested by the website.

I quickly explained the problem to my contact person, and put the link from this topic. My QC35 I was purchased in October 2016, so it was out of warranty for a few months.

Without asking for more details, my contact person has opened a replacement file, she offered me the opportunity to make an exchange, by a UPS pickup at my home of the old "broken" QC35 I and by sending a new QC35 II, exceptionally for free. I would like to point out that I had nothing more to ask for. A few minutes later I received an email with the process and the shipping labels for the package.

So for now I dropped off the package this morning in an UPS access point, and I'm waiting for the exchange.

I hope that this testimony will help some people win their cases and get a free replacement.

Olivier.

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@JeanZYour 'plight' has not gone unnoticed.  I do not work for Bose but a few weeks back there were quite a few people here who are from Austrailia and were all being told the same thing as you.  And yet in U.S. and other countries such as just posted by @Olimimi  , they were able to get free exchanges even out of warrantee.  I had a 'conversation' with the corporate manager of customer servce a few weeks ago with a follow on conversation yesterday.

Here is what I heard yesterday:

1. There is still a 'camp' in Bose engineering that feels / thinks the random turning on problem is Bluetooth firmware related.  As long as we can not get Bose engineers to see that our test results here DEFINATELY shows that the problem is not firmware, its the contacts in the on/off switch that have shifted, we won't get total satisfaction from Bose in terms of the root cause.  We all 'know' here that is the problem especially since in ALL cases, anyone with the problem that has themselves opened up their QC35s using the instructions and pictures in this thread, no longer have the issue.  Again, not a single person who has fixed the contacts themselves report any re-occurrence.

2. Bose knows they have their work cut out for them in terms of a single support line and support stance.  They have known for a month that few if any (probably no one) in Austrailia gets the exchanges.  It may be occurring elsewhere in the world.  They have agreed to strive for consistency but they are nowhere near their goal as of yet.  Sounds to me like it could be weeks at best.  In the meantime, if you don't mind getting up in the middle of the night because of the time zone issue, you are better off calling Bose at their main number in Framingham, Mass. where their HQ's are and get someone in support (preferably a supervisor).  Imho, I don't think you'll get the support you want for this issue through the Austrailian support organization.

Vojo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2019

Hi

I did ring the USA head office some weeks ago. The Bose phone filtering system automatically detected that I was calling from Australia. I got a recorded message advising me to call the Bose customer service line in Australia, and was then cut off.

@joelirwin can you post the phone number you have for the Framlington office? I’m feeling quite cranky this morning and I will try again. The last few posts have definitely got my feathers up. Bose are quite capable of pulling their support teams into line if they want to. (After all, they manage to launch new products simultaneously globally with identical messages.)  

Incidentally, I haven’t found a US head office phone number on the Australian Bose website this morning.

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@VojoBose numbers will not be on any of their websites other than the support number. Don't know how your Google will work in AU but do a search for "Bose Framingham Phone Number". Should end in 30.  They open Mon at 8 am eastern (UTC -5) but I would wait until at least 9 am.  Another option if you get blocked is to have your AU support people forward you on to Framingham.

shnorkiller
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 20, 2019

Hi all, just an update from South Africa. 

Initially, Bose was very reluctant to replace my headset and offered the standard discount on a new pair. I captured a number of screenshots from those of you who posted about successfully having their units replaced and after 3 or 4 days of dealing with head office, they replaced my set. Thanks everyone!

HAL9000
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

Hi @shnorkiller !

Thanks for the update!

I will share my experience so far as well 🙂

Unfortunately, for me it didn't go that well. I have been offered a "special reviewed price" for the QC35 ii twice and that's about it. The price is 30 EUR lower than what a new set of headphones cost on Amazon. Ridiculous. I was hoping that they would provide me with a way to fix them at some point. I have tried to reach their managers/supervisors, but this request got always ignored. It was the German support office. 

To my mentioning of how replacements were handled for the other customers with the same or similar issues they have replied that "Each case is reviewed individually, so it may well happen that colleagues seem to have different ways of solving a problem, however we all have the same process."

In-between this useless e-mail exchange, I have contacted the UK office through the website chat. They mentioned that there might be a solution to my problem, but when I asked them what it is, they couldn't tell me anything else, because I am a "resident in Germany" and they cannot register an account for me (???), so I have been sent back to the useless German support, which only offers a "replacement" for almost a full price.

@joelirwin Thanks a lot for all of your work done and time invested in this, by the way! I have read through many of your posts before writing to the support. I hope your efforts won't be in vain and Bose would at some point provide a uniform response to this problem.

Hi all,

Thank you all for your responses. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we encourage everyone with this issue to contact our Technical Support team by telephone. To find the correct number for your country, please select it from this list and click "Contact Us", which can be found at the bottom of the page.

Regards,

Patrick - Community Support

lugufe
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

@Patrick_A wrote:

Hi all,

Thank you all for your responses. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we encourage everyone with this issue to contact our Technical Support team by telephone. To find the correct number for your country, please select it from this list and click "Contact Us", which can be found at the bottom of the page.

Regards,

Patrick - Community Support

This kind of corporate reply really makes me angry. Support in Germany is doing absolutely nothing to help customers.