Barkley
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Re: Headphones power on automatically

And Bose still don't admit that is their fault?

BigBlue
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

They replaced my QC35 headphones for free outside of warranty. That was enough for me. I didn't look for some explicit announcement about it.
Barkley
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

hi thanks for the tip. I tried but failed. How much do I have to bend the prongs?

Lee

molnarp
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

Hi Barkley,

About this much 🙂

IMG_1984.JPG

regards,

Peter

Barkley
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

means, very much.....

Hahaha,

thanks friend. It was successful to fix QC35.

But I already bought Sony.........  TT

MRFRZ
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

Same issue as others are experiencing and the fix explained on page 39 works!

Thank you!!!

MRFRZ
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

It's been more than 24 hours since applying the fix to the switch connectors and everything works fine. Bose, you have a hardware issue! Step up and admit to it and implement a customer friendly solution. You offered me to replace my defective headphones for $10 more than I could buy a new pair on Amazon!!! Are you listening? Aren't you in the hearing business. I'm ANGRY!!!

B.S! This is not good P.R. You angered me to the point that I decided to fix this myself.

JeanZ
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

update:

Called Bose Au twice and finally got my QC35 replaced for free of charge

Went to Bose store a few months ago, absolutely had no luck with the staff there, called bose yesterday, went through the "how's paying the full price to get a "replacement"  sounds like? " /  "sure it won't fix it but have you tried to upgrade your firmware" process, found out my firmware wasn't up to date, so I did the upgrade that night, the issue persists, and I found even press on the volume button would turn the headphone on...

Called them the next day, basically goes through the process again, and after reject their "offer", the support staff finally put me on hold and went to check with his supervisor, eventually gives me a "courtesy replacement for free of charge only for this time".

Their customer service staff was pretty nice, only if Bose can have a more proper and straight forward solution for the customer that experiencing this issue, I can understand Bose would like to save the additional cost on service for an old product, but this switch issue is just crucial.  

Hopefully there's no more headache after the QC35ii arrives, and best of luck to who may have the same issue with their QC35

headphone_user
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Mar 20, 2019

FWIW, some of the phone reps I spoke with were quite rude and aggressive, including supervisors. Kept trying to get me to pay $150 or something to get the replacement pair. Had to deal with the "it's a BLE issue" gaslighting, too, even after I said the issue appeared before I updated the firmware. One also said that this was "normal wear and tear," which is comical - the power switch should not just give out on a $350 product after two years. Hardly "normal."

I had much better luck through the SMS support system. The rep I interacted with was very friendly and actually seemed to care about the problem. Ultimately she put me through to a supervisor, who called me later that day. I missed the call and he gave me a number and said I could ask for him directly - when I called back and asked for him by name, the first-line support tech said he was not allowed to put me through to him ::eyeroll:: Oh well, long story short I eventually got through and they gave me the free replacement.

Overall I'm satisfied that they replaced them, but the process was more painful that it needed to be.

Highlighted
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

I have been away for two weeks (I actually have a 'job' 🙂 )  It is a shame that I have not yet read anything for Bose with an update on this yet (unless it is in another post which I have not yet read).  This post is in the middle of page 2 and needs to stay near the top of the front page.  So I am replying here to bump it back to the top.