andys12
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2019

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

I'm having the same problem and the supervisor that I spoke to insisted that it's a firmware issue / prior problem with a production batch that my QC35 wasn't part of. I reached out over SMS and was requested a supervisor to follow up, we'll see what happens.

This lack of support is terrible given that this is a known problem with 50+ pages of posts and multiple threads. I just want my QC35 to work again...

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@andys12  > firmware issue / prior problem with a production batch that my QC35 wasn't part of

This support person is misinformed.

1. Bose has not to my knowledge ever acknowledged the cause of the problem officially

2. If it was a firmware issue, I can not understand how it would be specific to a 'batch' of QC35s - it would be an issue with all the QC35.  If it was a problem with a 'production batch' then it would seem logical to me at least that the problem was not a firmware problem.  It can't be both a production batch and a firmware problem.

3. It has been show here definitively in the many 'pages' of this post that the problem is NOT firmware - its loose/shifted contacts in the on/off switch.  I have yet to read anything here that suggest that the contact issue is specific to a production batch or any set of serial number in particular.  For those who have fixed the issue themselves per the instructions in this post, the problem has gone away with every customer who has checked in on it here.  We are as customers reasonable sure that this is the problem.

So unless you are planning on the DIY'er solution here, you need to be persistent and get Bose to replace/exchange your QC35 (even if it is out of warrantee) at no charge - do NOT pay for an exchange.  Just keep on escalating until you get the exchange.  That is what those have done who have preceded you.

pablomofo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

Same problem.
I read this forum.
Contact with the technical support team of my country.
They tell me that they replace my headphones for the QC35 II after paying € 190 when in other countries they are replacing out of warranty.

I don't want a new QC35 II, I want my headphones works well.
As we say here, Spain is different.
Who should I talk to outside of Spain?

Can anybody tell me something?

Thank you.

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

If you have the QC35i with the problem people have here, Bose will NOT fix it - they will only exchange it.  If you can't get your Bose tech support people to forward you to a supervisor in Bose Headquarters (Framingham, Mass) , the Google Bose HQ at that location and use the main phone number (not the tech support number).  Do NOT accept an offer for exchange if you have to pay.  Be persistent.  As you can see here, you will eventually connect with someone who will handle it for.

If you want your headphone fixed, you will need to fix it yourself with the instruction some number of screens (with pictures) back in this thread.

Those really are your only two options for this problem.  There is NO workaround.

Paul Lepa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Headphones power on automatically

I have tried this fix, and unfortunatly it didn't work for me.   My switch prongs when I took them out where at about 70-80 deg, I adjusted them a bit, but problem still persists.

Paul Lepa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: QC 35 won’t turn off

Your  local support is better than useless.   Just like other posters mentioned, they give you some small discount to buy NEW pair of headphones.   What a crazy bad customer experience.   

Highlighted
Vojo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2019

Hi, are you saying you got a replacement for your headphones in Australia? I've had no luck at all, and I'm in Australia. I'm stuck with a non functional set of QC35s. To use them at all I have to leave them on constant charge - but that means that as soon as I walk into the house I have to turn my iphone's bluetooth off because the QC35s intercept my phone calls!

(That reminds me, must do that now.....)

It's irritating, because it means that the other things one does with bluetooth are compromised by these dratted headphones. It adds to the frustration.

Please let me know if you did succeed in getting a replacement pair in Australia! I'm going on a long haul flight soon, and really need the sound cancelling technology because I suffer from migraines.

molnarp
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

Paul, you need to bend those prongs very hard to fix this, I posted an image showing how much. At first attempt it didn't work for me, actually I couldn't believe I have to bend tem THAT much.. but then I was able to fix it, and it was really easy.

Guys, don't waste your time calling support, instead, just fix it for yourselves. It's very easy, you'll only need a #00 Philips screwdriver, a pair of decent fine-tip tweezers, and maybe an X-Acto knife blade. If you're not comfortable with electronics (or rather, mechanical...) repair, any mobile phone repair shop will most probably do this for you, just show them this thread and the images.

regards,

Peter

Paul Lepa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Thanks Peter - just re-did the procedure and still no fix.    Maybe my case is different - as for me - to get them to turn on I have to push the switch all to way to the 'pair' position, and then they will turn off when they are in 'off' position.  BUT when I use the bose app, the app will trigger then to turn on, even when in OFF position.    My solution was to a) set the time to 10 minutes power of AND b) to get rid of bose app off my phone.    

The headphones are still faulty, since they on/off/pair does not work properly.   And having looked at that switch,  is a really crappy switch.   I don't want to take apart my QC35II to see how the new switch looks, but I imagine it must be more solid.

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

I tried to reach the customer service but the response I got was totally disppoinitng. Since the product is not in warranty, I have been asked to purchase a new one.

This is totally rediculous, how can you expect a person to invest money again in something you cannot provide service after warranty period.