Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

Re: Headphones power on automatically

Another Problem with the Switch! Be prepared for the Switch Cover, the plastic part that sits on top of the actual switch to break.20190426_190609.jpg20190426_190627.jpg

Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

Hi,

You can 3D-print this part and replace easily: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2883433

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2019

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

The support link was not helpful. Putting in my information said that the product is out of warranty and that I would have to buy a replacement for $259.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 28, 2019

<a href="https://geonewstv.com/huawei-p30-series-breaks-all-pre-order-records-in-pakistan/">Huawei P30 Series Breaks All Pre-order Records in Pakistan Click Here for more info</a>

Highlighted

Hi Jimrogerz, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 30, 2019

I have the same problem - and just after expiry of warranty period and only fix is to buy the new model as replacement- I dont think so🙈, this is a substandard product in my view and I will recommend others to but other brands.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Hello Dkuser,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing the same issue however I would like to help.

I would advise you to get in touch with our team over the phone who will be able to go through extensive steps and if needs be to service your product for you.

To find the contact information for your country of residence. click on the link here, select your country then click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

Kind regards,
Prince O

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 30, 2019

Oh yeah, this is so that a Bose rep can tell you that your device is "out of warranty" and that they would GLADLY sell you a brand new, "upgraded" version of the Quiet Comfort 35's for the tiny cost of TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLL HAIRS! (That's $250 for non-American Dad! fans.) 

Why would we want to spend $400 on a brand new pair of Quiet Comfort 35 I's and then turn around a year or so later and spend another TWO HUNDRED FIFTY??? For the same product?? 

I'm filing complaints with Better Business Bureau, FTC, whoever the heck will listen! Bose is horrible now. They used to be amazing.

And I love how Bose tags this post as "solved!" Their solution is to spend that extra $250 ?? Really? SCAM ALERT!! Contacting the feds here in the US.

[ Moderator edit ] 

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

mchopkins@icloud.com  Firstly, I think but don't know for sure that once a post is tagged as solved, it can not be unsolved.  This post goes for over a year and 63 or so screens.  The solved happened a very long time ago and well before we all were able to determine that the cause impacted many Bose customers.  So I would ignore the solved thing.

As far as warrantee, etc., if you follow this an the many similar related posts since last year, you will see that:

1. Bose has yet to officially take ownership and determine the 'cause'.

2. The customers has shown here pretty much beyond a resonable doubt that the problem is a hardware 'defect' cause by the slippage of the contacts in the on/off switch

3. Bose support stance on this is 'inconsistent' and varies from country to country and sometime from group to group in the same call center.

So do NOT assume that the answer you get about paying a fee for an exchange if out of warrantee is correct.  People who have called back repeatedly, escalated it, talked multiple time to supervisors, and sometime even call Bose HQ in Framingham, MA - those people who were persistent, eventually showed the Bose support types that it is not their particular QC35 and it is a larger class issue.  Those people were able to get a free exchange for a QC35ii even if their current devices were out of warrantee.  In some cases, the Bose support people will say, "... well this one time..." - whatever works.... if they need to save face, just go with the flow once you finally get a support person to do a free exchange.  The bottom line is to be persistent and keep calling back.

Your only other option is to follow the instructions and pictures earlier in this thread and fix it yourself.  Those who have all say the problem disappeared.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 2, 2019

I had the same issue, When bose rep said they would replace it for 259$, i was like whats the point. I declined the offer and asked what is the guarantee that it may not behave the same after a year. I was subsequently offered a brand new QC 35-II for 130$ with 1 year wararnty in exchange of my defective product. Eventhough i was not too happy spending 130$, i took this offer. I would have needed a repairs or a new headphone anyways that would cost atleast that amount.

Note: I am still not happy that such a defect of massive scale is not addressed by a product replacement free of cost.