Nov 17, 2019

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

Happy to help mate 🙂

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Thanks for all the information in the feed!  My QC35 gen 1 started doing this about 2-3 weeks ago.  I took mine in to the local Bose store and walked out with a brand new, in box, QC35 gen 2s free of charge.  The guy in the store said for this specific issue, they are doing after warranty exchanges.  He said you should be able to do it via the portal online, but was happy to do it for me in store.

Thanks again everyone for all the help and insight.

Ravi

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 23, 2019

Hi,

I have a similar issue. The Led light on the headphones stays on no matter if it is on or off. The Bluetooth pairing function does not work anymore, rendering the headphones completely useless. I tried all the fuzzy reset procedures suggested by support but none resolves this. 
With my Bose Bluetooth speaker, I had a problem it would not charge anymore, now this with the headphones... I’ve had it with Bose. Crappy, overpriced products with lousy quality. I will never buy anything from Bose again!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Same problem here (QC35 I, bought December 2016). Talked to the German support, it is "out of warranty", they offered me the QC 35 II for 240€ (=street price).

What next? -> Disassembe and integrate a "real" hardware switch into the battery circuit? Has anyone tried that? Will it forget all settings and pairings when being completely disconnected from battery for hours?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

@user289 I am sure you haven't had time to completely read this endless thread but installing a hardware switch is exactly what I did: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC-35-I-is-Turning-On-By-Itself/m-p/210680#M4...

There are a few other things you could try first like messing with the prong switch, etc, success varies (see my post above and/or search this thread).

I am happy with my solution specially for not having to deal with Bose. I would even buy another of those QC35s with the power issue (for the right price) and add a power switch to it without questions as I love the device itself, that said I know that (like me) most people here paid top dollar for what is supposed to be a top-quality product so they don't want to give it away for a measly discount on newer version (which could have the same or another problem in the future).

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

As posted by Malca on a previous thread. The correct approach is to go through two Bose Global support people and ask to speak with their supervisor. Then tell them you want the headphones claimed under warranty code 5129 defective replacement. They should replace you generation 1 headset with a new generation 2 headset with a 1-yr warranty.

I would take this approach before disassembling your headset and potentially causing more problems.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Thanks itguy78 and djmitz6 !

So I will try the warranty code 5129-way first.

If that should fail, I will go for itguy78's solution. That's exactly what I was thinking and you have implemented it very smartly! And yes, I have not read through the whole thread 😉

Thanks again, very appreciated!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Update:

The German Bose Support (+49 69 667786790) has never heard of "warranty code 5129" (The support guy had clarified this with his supervisors). They offered me a 50% discount on the QC 35 II this time.

Well, I'm going for my soldering iron and see what I can do...

The product itself had been great for almost three years, unfortunately the support experience is disappointing. Next time when looking for high end NC-headphones (could be soon), I will probably give a chance to a Japanese vendor, who is supposed to have good NC too.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 27, 2019

I have the same problem, Quietcomfort 35 headphones turning themselves on. I have just spoken to German Bose Support  (08002673444). Was told that as my headphones are just over 2 years old, they are now out of warranty. The solution, just write them off and buy another pair, with a modest discount, 240 Euros instead of 350 Euros. And actually my wife spoke with Bose earlier in the day, they initially offered her 50% off a new pair, then came up with a price of 230 Euros to replace them, considerably less than 50%. Bose support appear to be playing games? What a sick joke. And as soon as the new headphones are out of 2 year guarantee period, will they too clap out due to an admitted hardware fault? 

You have cheated me once Bose, I will never touch any product of yours again. Your support for your 'premium' product is a disgrace. I will also be sure to pass on my story and all the other stories here (excepting those of a couple of lucky US based customers, whom have warranty code 5129) to anyone looking to buy a Bose product.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 27, 2019

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself part 2.

Following my earlier posting, I now see Bose support Germany in an even worse light..... I have just checked Bose QuietComfort 35 2 headphone prices with Media Markt and Saturn, 2 big electrical goods retailers here, to find that they are selling these headphones at 230 Euros. This is after I was offered a replacement for my faulty headphones by Bose at a special 'discount' price of 240 Euros! What a disgraceful performance by Bose 'support'!