Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 17, 2019

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

You're right - I failed to mention that you definitely need to ask for a supervisor. The rep told me he has a limited number of options he can exercise in cases like this, and actually just went and spoke to the supervisor immediately afterwards (seemed like it wasn't the first time he'd dealt with this). I definitely was planning to ask for the supervisor, but fortunately my rep helped expedite that process.

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

FYI.  Received a US store replacement of Series I yesterday.  Apparently the sales person said they were just notified (December 28) that they are authorized to replace the defective Series I with new Series II.  As a bonus you get a one year warranty too.  You cannot ask for better customer support than that.  Happy ending to a maddening on off problem.  🙂

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Contacted customer support. They gave me two options. ~$200 to get QC 35 II as replacement or ~$100 for QC 35 I.

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@AD_QC35Don't accept that answer.  Call back until you get someone that offers you a free exchange even if you are out of waranty.  Escalate to supervisor if necessary.  Those here who have persevered as you can see from the previous post(s), eventually get the exchange.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Has anyone from the UK managed to get a replacement. Tried yesterday and all I could get was £209 from the rep and the 'supervisor' would discount that by 20%... 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 15, 2019

Yup. Was a bit of a nightmare though.....

Speaking to the "UK" number on the website, this puts you through to somewhere like the Philippines. They couldnt and wouldnt help. I then called the US support teams who said they could help, however they could only ship to the USA. I asked if they could ship to Bose in the UK and they could onward ship.... but then something very helpful - they put me through to one of the UK 2nd/3rd line guys who knew of the issues and was incredibly helpful and arranged a replacement.

My suggestion would be to contact Bose UK direct - 0333 3000 112 (the number on my "receipt" when they replaced them) and see if they can assist... Once I got the right person then it was all sorted incredibly smoothly. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 21, 2017

I tried contacting Bose here at UAE through their service center and explained to the guy at the phone about my dilemma but the best thing they can offer if they find my QC35 having these same problems as the rest is a 25% percent discount for a new pair since it's more than 2 years used. How can I convince them that this is already acknowledged by Bose HQ and a replacement is an option they gave us (as user Mohsin_S stated here: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC-35-I-is-Turning-On-By-Itself/m-p/176159#M3...) ?

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Is this an in-store only option? I called customer service. They checked my headset's serial number and said that they were out of warranty. After the rep spoke with his supervisor, the best offer I got to exchange the headset was 50% off a QC 35-II exchange, meaning I would have to pay $111.30 USD. Meaning I would have essentially paid ~$460 for a set of QC-II. I even asked about a repair or exchange for the exact same model but the rep I spoke with said they don't do repairs, and they don't have any QC-I in stock for exchanges.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

There have been several US members who were able to get the replacement by claiming warranty replacement code 5129. See the message #805 I posted earlier showing my receipt of the free replacement of the QC-I to the QC-II headset. My replacement was in-store, but others on the forum have had success through the phone support. I believe if you provide them specific examples from the forum they should be able to confirm.

I really wish @Community_Admin  would come out with an official statement. On why some customers are getting free exchanges and others are not.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Just a bit of positive response. Found out my Bose QC35s had started to turn themselves on the other day, despite being switched off. As with most people they are out of warranty. Spoke to quite a helpful person at Customer Services who initially offered the usually £209 uk  price option. Then it was 30% off. A supervisor then offered 50% and then offered the option of escalation to higher management. She explained that this would take 3 days to sort with no guarantee. However as I have a Bose store nearby, I drove to the store. Spoke to the sales staff, who then spoke to the manager. Instant swap for a new pair. This issue is clearly known about. Keep holding out everyone.