QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

SOLVED
Audible Advocate

QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

My Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones are turning on by themselves.

Even if I don't turn them on or connect to them w/ my phone or laptop, they suddenly awaken by their own volition and connect to whatever device they can get their bluetooth-driven hands on.

I've checked, and the power switch on the side is definetly set to "Off." Doesn't seem loose or broken. The headphones are running the latest update.

As I can't continuously turn the headphones off every waking hour of my day, this is becoming a problem. It's draining all the battery from my headphones.

I've checked the other threads on here about this very issue, but the only solution I've seen is to contact support and hope for a repair/replacement.

Is there any other solution out there or should I just go ahead and contact support?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bose Best Answer selected by ModeratorMohsin_S

Accepted Solutions

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

** Update: After testing, we can confirm that from the samples we have collected, the issue doesn't seem to be software related and an update would not remedy the issue, we recommend contacting your local support team for assistance.**

Hello all,

We appreciate everyone taking the time to write in and for sharing your feedback. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. We have been collecting samples over the past month or so to help understand the root cause of these reports. Early reports would indicate this symptom may be hardware related as opposed to something which could be corrected via troubleshooting or an update to firmware. We'll let you know here when we have any further details to share on this.

We understand it’s frustrating when a product stops working properly and we want to ensure you’re getting the most out of your headphones. If you're experiencing this issue, we would recommend giving our technical support team a call so we can assist you with a replacement order.

Contact information can be found here. Please select your region and kindly scroll down to where you see “contact us.”

Thank you again and have a great rest of your day.

Mohsin

753 REPLIES 753
Friendly Fanatic

Headphones power on automatically

As of late, my QC 35 Headphone will turn in while in the off position. I have to switch them on and then turn then off but later on, the power will be on while still in the office position. Is there a way to fix this?
Vocal Volunteer

Re: Headphones power on automatically

That's a hardware issue.

Option #1...  Return it to the retailer NOW.  Get a cash refund and repurchase a new unit so that the retailer's return policy starts from scratch.  If the new unit has the same problem, take it back again and purchase a different product.

Option #2...  Follow the advice on this forum until the retailer will no longer accept a return.  Then ship it to Bose for a repair.  Wait six weeks (like I did for a Wave system) to get your QC35 back.  Confirm that the problem is still present.

Hi Sfrudebwoy,

Thanks for the post. That does not sound great. Appears like it could be a loose power switch? Your best bet would be to get in touch with your local Bose Support for the best available options at this point. 

Here is a link for contact info if you need it

Please update us on how everything goes? 

Thanks,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

I'm having the same exact problem on my QC35. Switching to the OFF position and waiting a few seconds will turn on and pair automatically. I cannot turn it off.

@esemthew sorry to hear you are having the same issue. We do recommend that you contact your local Bose Support by clicking here. We'd like to know how it goes so do update us when you can.

Thank you,

Mohsin

Audible Advocate

QC35 Won't Turn Off

I've been using the QC35 for almost a year now, and for some reason as of lately whenever I turn them off (the power button to the off position), they power themselves back on, tried to update them to the latest version, did not seem to help.

Any advice before I turn to activate the warrenty?

Re: QC35 Won't Turn Off

Barak.P

Thanks for the message. Sorry to hear that. Could we ask does the switch seem loose at all? Its possible that the switch is defective. If you find that the switch doesn't engage properly, we would recommend contacting your local Bose support HERE. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Hope that helped

Tony

Quiet Contributor

I have the very same problem on my QC35. They switch on even with the on/off button on the off position. The button seems to be Operating fine. The headphones they switch off but after 4-5 seconds they switch on again and the power light gets green. 

i'm in Portugal and have no local Bose Service Center. How can I get by headphones serviced? 

Thanks in advance for your support. 

Friendly Fanatic

You might to call the customer support Center. They actually replaced my headphones since it was under warranty. So give them a call and they should assist you with getting a replacement.