Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Re: Headphones power on automatically

My QC 35 headset has same issue. It turns on by itself even it's at off mode position. Unfortunately it's out of warranty and new update released in March 2018 did not fix the issue either. Is there a way to fix the issue?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Headphones power on automatically

@QC35user Hello, sorry to hear that. Your best bet would be to contact your local Bose Support for further assistance. They will discuss with you about your available options. Click HERE to get contact information. Just select your region, scroll down and click "contact us". 

Thank you,

Mohsin 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 4, 2018

Re: QC35 Headphones Turning Itself On?

I am experiencing the same issue. I turned the headphones off (power button in the OFF position) I hear it shut down and 5 mins later it turns itself back on (with the power button in the off position)

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 5, 2018

I'm having this exact same problem on my QC35 I headphones. This just started a few days ago; it's driving me insane. I've had my headset since Aug 2016 & never had a problem.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi,

We appreciate you reaching out to the community. This is unusual. the first thing I would suggest is trying to reboot the headphones.

To reboot the headset

• Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  • Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  • Unplug USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute.
  • Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

If you could please give that a try and let us know?

Tony-Community Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 5, 2018

Hey Tony - thanks for the prompt response. I was in the process of updating the firmware when your suggestion came thru. I "rebooted" the headset after the upgrade completed. I've powered on/of the headphones multiple times since & it hasn't turned itself back on. I'll keep an eye on it the next few days.

Thanks again!

- Kyle
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 3, 2018

Hi Tony, 

yes I've done the steps. But the problem recurs again.

My headphone suddenly turn itself on after a few hours. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 4, 2018

I did the latest firmware update and cleared/reset the Bluetooth list of devices and it seems to have resolved the issue.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 5, 2018

I have the same issue. 

It is concerning, it looks like a common problem with the headphones.

It was not doing that for the first 1-2 months.

I'm wondering if a firmware update cause the regression, or if there's a defect and the headphone needs to be replaced

I followed the various steps described in this thread.

After some time I hit the issue again.

I unregistered all device(a phone and a pc), and tried to connect only one device (to see if it was device specific) but it reproduced the problem with any device

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 5, 2018

Things seemed okay for a short time after trying the suggestions here. But then my phone connected to my headphones which were in their protective case in the other room because the headphones had someone turned on.

The good news is Bose support didn't hesitate to replace this pair with a new pair of QC 35 II. Hopefully that pair won't have this same issue. If you try that route, I suggest calling. 

Good luck everyone!!