Highlighted
i10k
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 30, 2018

Re: QC35 Headphones Turning Itself On?

Found the number here: https://www.bose.ca/en_ca/contact_us.html . 1-800-869-2114

Highlighted
Mistah_williamz
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

I'm having the same issue. I recieved these headphones back in December and I noticed since last Friday (September 14th) my headphones are connecting automatically. There are no physical defects on my headphones. Mint condition. I updated the firmware on Sunday. I thought it was working then on Tuesday night (September 18th) I get home from work and my headphones are on. I called Bose and they said the same thing that everyone else mentioned....$100 off to purchase the newer version of these headphones. The nerve! They dont even acknowledge that this is a known issue. I think that got me more upset than anything. Please just replace or fix the headphones of me and many other customers. Its clearly a software issue or something. I'm NOT spending $200 + to get a brand new pair of headphones when I didnt even have these headphones a year yet. Please do better Bose! Thank you!
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello Mistah_williamz! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear about your experience, that is certainly frustrating. I am not sure yet why this happens, but we are very interested in knowing. We are sending you a PM to gather a little more information about your headphones. Thank you! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Basjo21
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

Re: QC35 Power Switch ... me too (turning on while OFF)

Yes, having the same issue and got the same canned customer service response. Just buy a new pair they say, I promise the new and improved version will not be defective they say.  Lol, if I’m going to have to spend hundreds of dollars to replace year old headphones it certainly won’t be made by Bose. An obvious defective part in a product I’ve used very lightly that is happening to many other people and Bose simply treats it as a good way to get people to upgrade. Never again will I own another Bose product. 

Highlighted
Scorpion
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 21, 2018

I have the same problem. Doesn’t sound like a fluke to me!

Highlighted
Chinat
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

Re: QC35 Won't Turn Off

My qc 35 hasn’t been functioning well lately. It does not turn off even after fully charged and does not connect to Bluetooth devices. Although earphone cable still works, when the battery goes flat it no longer works. I’ve tried resetting and connecting to a computer to download firmware but it still does not work, and never turns off except battery goes flat
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC35 Won't Turn Off

@Chinat Hi, thank you for writing in, and sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done and based on what you have described; we encourage you to get in touch with our service team in your region for further assistance. Please click here for contact information. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "contact us". 

Let us know how everything works out for you. 

Thank you again, 

Mohsin

Highlighted
jmooney
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2018

I had the same problem with mine... TWICE!  My first replacement was under warranty. This second time around, I was outside my warranty window, and they wanted me to pay 130$ plus tax for another pair (QC35 II). It seems rather silly to pay 142$ when it's cleary a known issue AND defective.  At this point I'm concerned that the QC35 II will do the same thing, so I think I will look for another brand at this point.

The latest customer service representative had no desire to help me, and gave some scripted speech about how the problem was resolved in the QC35 II's despite confirming that the power switch is exactly the same.

It's a shame- I love my headphones, however, I cannot rationalize spending more money for something that should already be working.  Horrible customer service experience.

Highlighted
jmooney
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2018

Re: Headphones power on automatically

I had the same problem with mine... TWICE!  My first replacement was under warranty. This second time around, I was outside my warranty window, and they wanted me to pay 130$ plus tax for another pair (QC35 II). It seems rather silly to pay 142$ when it's cleary a known issue AND defective.  At this point I'm concerned that the QC35 II will do the same thing, so I think I will look for another brand at this point.

The latest customer service representative had no desire to help me, and gave some scripted speech about how the problem was resolved in the QC35 II's despite confirming that the power switch is exactly the same.

It's a shame- I love my headphones, however, I cannot rationalize spending more money for something that should already be working.  Horrible customer service experience.

Highlighted
Jason D.
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 26, 2018

Re: Headphones power on automatically

I had the same horrible CS. No help whatsoever. And why would I have to go to the trouble of mailing the headphones and being weeks without any so they can (not really) repair their design flaw and charge me for it? If they cannot patch the problem through an update, they should simply own up to the fact that they screwed up and agree to send free replacements. 

I don't think I will buy again Bose products that use Bluetooth. Just last night, I wanted to play a video for someone off of my phone, and instead of playing it on my phone's speakers, it somehow prompted the headphones (on the other side of the house and one floor below) to turn on and connect. 

I have found that turning the power switch all the way to the right (in Bluetooth search mode) then turning it off, all the way to the left, helps keeping them powered off. But now and again, unexplicably, they are prompted to turn on and drain their batteries.