Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2017

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

Oh well it was good while it lasted , approx 24 hours later my QC35 mk1 is back to its old tricks. Not long after I had told Bob at Customer Service via whatsup that I had sorted the problem.......

Sorry folks 😞    ran faultlessly for nearly a whole day, now it  just keeps doing the same old stuff, although am convinced it's the switch at fault. Bugger they just lit up again.

Highlighted

Hi Pjti, 

Thanks for the update. I am so sorry to hear that the fix did not work. 

I would recommend reaching back out to customer services to explore the service option for your headphones. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Pjti  Now that you have suspected that your solution is not permanent and indeed that the problem is the 'infamous' shifting on/off switch contacts, you are again left with the same two solutions as all: (1) use the instructions and pictures in this thread to fix it yourself or (2) ask for an exchange.  Keep in mind as per your comment about warrantee that the experience of the many in this forum who have asked for exchanges is that the request is INDEPENDENT of the warrantee.  If you are PERSISTENT, Bose support people should provide you with a FREE exchange of a QC35ii regardless of the age of your QC35.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2019

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 10.43.01 pm.png

this is what I got from BOSE Australia.. hehe 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 15, 2019

Hi all,

Another one to add to the list of QC35 Mk1 issues. Same problems as others here. UK support have done the same as to everyone else, and have gracefully said that they will replace these for me as part of a "service option" at the apparently reasonable rate of £249 (with a whole 1 year warranty, so obviously refurbished units, since if they were new then they would come with a 2 year standard warranty).

Based on the fact that mine have been used for probably less than 200 hours (and cost more than this to start with), over £1 per hour of listening seems rather bad value for money. Obviously i have declined bose's kind offer.

Lets see where this goes...

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 15, 2019

I was having the same issue. I would charge the headphones. They would turn on and drain the battery. I would try shutting them off and they would just come on again. I got a new iPhone and I hadn’t paid it with the headphones. After I charged the headphones again, I “forgot” them on my iPad. So they were not paired with any device. They do not turn on. Not an elegant solution but effective. I’ll need to par to use and then remember to forget.  😄

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Same problem here.

Thought it had to do with the 'FIND MY BUDS' feathure, that requires the headphones to be on in order to be able to locate it. So I turned thad feature off in 'BOSE CONNECT' on my Android phone (SGS9+) an it worked... for about 6 minutes.

Then the Bose QC 35-I turned on by itself again.

Note: it was 10 seconds before switching off 'FIND MY BUDS'.

Sorry, still no solution to the problem. Guess I'll have to use the 3Y extended warranty to get my money back.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

I experienced the exact same situation!

Headphones were acting erraticaly and came to find out they, all of  asudden, were turning themselves on. After much research, software update and all I ended up contacting customer support. Short story, I have now to pay upwards of $250US to get a replacement as this is a hardware deffect that just appears at the end of the warranty.

I dont feel is right having to pay $250 for every 13 months of headphone usageSmiley Mad

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 15, 2019

Re: Headphones power on automatically

Hi Joel @joelirwin 

Many thanks for your info. However there seems to be an issue.

Bose have no US Based support supervisors. Bose Support is based in the Philipines and also in the UK (According to Bose HQ). 

The Philipines wont touch it as it's outside of the US/Canada, and The UK are refusing to replace free of charge despite the obvious manufacturing defects. Stalemate. 

I'm intending to call them tomorrow, and ask again as well as registering an official complaint. Any advice from anyone would be appreciated.... 😄

Thanks

Paul

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Re: Headphones power on automatically

Moshin,

I'm experiencing the same situation, I contacted support as you suggested and the rep just tried to sell me a new discounted set.He said that my headphones are out of warranty. He was set on his decision and would not do anything else. This does not seem right, the set is is just over a year old and it seems that the problem is a common occurrence. So at this point are we assuming that the headphones have a life expectancy of just over one year?

Should I escalate the conversation with a Bose manager/supervisor?

Your imput would be greatly appreciated [Modified by Moderator].

Thank you