themovieguy_vince
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

*Once QC35 is turned off, you can turn on your smartphone's bluetooth if you need it to connect to a different device.*

This means that the lights are off on your QC35 and again, do not touch the buttons. If this happens and the QC35 turns itself on, reconnect the smartphone and the Bose app. Disconnect the device through the said app, turn off bluetooth on Phone and wait for QC35 to automatically turn off. (setting the Standby timer in 5 minutes is the fastest)
themovieguy_vince
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

*Update*
QC35 stays temporarily off and the battery level stays the same after reconnecting. Repeated it a few times and shows that QC35 does not turn itself on. Cheers🍻
miksve
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 14, 2019

Anyone know the size of the spring for the switch? Lost it when I was fixing the switch... 😞

Antkn33
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 9, 2019

I just downloaded the firmware update available last night and it appears the issue is fixed.
LeonKim
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 14, 2019

My Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones are automatically turning on by itself.

As like the other threads on here regarding this issue, I contacted customer support and bose store, but all they offered me was the exchaging to Bose qc35 II with discounted price of $259, which is nonsense. 

I already paid $350 on this product and i will not pay extra for this headphone since its hardware issue from bose. 

Is there any other solution out there??

apreslin
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 19, 2018

Yes, if you are comfortable taking apart a piece of electronics with a small screwdriver, you can DIY. It has fixed the issue for pretty much everyone that has done it, based on following this thread from day one.

Text instructions here: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC-35-I-is-Turning-On-By-Itself/m-p/168080#M3... credit: @Kivi-Kingas

Pictures here: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QC-35-I-is-Turning-On-By-Itself/m-p/173964/hi... credit: @qiangliu

Pro-tip: Keep track of the small spring, it can be lost easily.

NewtoBOSE
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 14, 2019

I am a person like to fix anything that is good quality to begin with. BOSE QC 35 headset is one fo those that I value so much on the sound and design. However, I tried to do the switch adjustment and realize this whole problem is due to the pressure from the cover to the switch itself. It is obvious there is no permenanat fix unless a simple design change to better allocate the switch. I do think BOSE need to hire the correct people to do the root cause analysis. Simply having someone response to all the messages here and keep telling people 10 different ways of troubleshooting the same problem is not effective. Just remember when technology besome a commodity all you need is a bad product to get behind everybody else. I would not even take the any replacement or buying new one if the same design flaw still exist. Stay away till a new complete design QC 35 released - that is my best advise to all people that love BOSE products.

apreslin
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 19, 2018

There are new around ear noise cancelling headphones from Bose which appears to be the successor to the QuietComfort line, you can preorder now and says it ships June 30th. https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/noise_cancelling_headphones/noise-cancelling-headphon...

westox
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 15, 2019

Reading all the posts from this thread, I would like to also provide another flaw QC 35I that I purchased in Dec 2016 which started to turn on by itself lately. I haven't tried anything yet but really would like to see what solution can be offered by Bose for customers like me who has owned the product more than one year outside the warranty. Any advice would be appreciated.

George

Antkn33
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 9, 2019

So have you all checked for the latest firmware update? It solved the issue for me. Been two days without it turning on by itself.