Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 6, 2018

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

I have also same problem after using 1 year and several month. after connnecting local AS store, their answer was disappointed to me, "sorry but You have 2 choice. first, buy new one that is not cheap price (above 70~80% new product), second drain all battery and use with AUX cord."
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 21, 2018

Re: Headphones power on automatically

Hi again,
I just want to thank Bose customer support. After I contacted them, I sent my headphones to them in Belgium (I live in Sweden), and after a couple of days I recieved brand new bose qc35 II, which means they upgraded me.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2018

I would like to thank them too. I just called and my warranty has expired (last month) but they offered to send me a new pair of the QC35 II as well after I send in my deffective pair! So helpful and appreciated! 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 19, 2018

I am happy for you guys, but I am not lucky as you :). I was redirected to a partner service center, without any warranty support.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Jayson,

Warranty and service options can vary by region, but we certainly encourage you to reach out to your local Bose Technical Support Team directly by phone. We want to help you reach a resolution for your issue. You can find your local contact info HERE. Once you have selected your region, select Support, then scroll down and select Contact Us

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 7, 2018

Hello!

I have the exact same problem. I just can't turn my QC35 off. As soon as I turn it off by the switch, it immediately turns back on, green light is on.

I have bought the headpone on German Amazon exactly a year ago on 4/Feb/2017. I am from Hungary. Both country are EU.

Whom should I talk to then? Any suggestion?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi, Plannie!

Thank you for reaching out!  So what I would suggest is reaching out to your local support in Hungary, I'm including a link to that contact information HERE for you. I hope that this helps and please let me know if you hit any snags or need anything else.

Take care and enjoy your day,

Shiloh

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2018

I had the same problem on my QC35's, which was purchased in 2016.

I contacted Bose support in Scandinavia, and was told to send them in for warranty replacement, and got a brand new pair back (that was manufactured in August 2017).

The issue is caused by a broken power switch (that's what the Bose support technician told me).

Mine would randomly turn on by themselves, and sometimes not turn on when I tried to turn them on, and also randomly not turn off when I tried to turn them off. The issue just got worse and worse with time... 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 13, 2018

I've had the exact same issue with my headphones.  I just updated to the latest firmware but it's still not helping.  Also, I tried the process suggested by Bose and that didn't work.  The power switch seems perfectly fine:  not loose or obvisouly broken.  Sounds like Bose has a product defect on it's hands.  I use these things everyday for work so I'm loathe to send them in for warranty work and be without them for months.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2018

My power switch seemed completely fine too. But according to the Bose technician it was a malfunctioning power switch that caused the headphones to behave the way they did (turned themselves on, off, refused to turn off, etc). I would recommend you to reach out to Bose support via email/contact form and describe the problem to them.

I tried everything that was recommended myself, including hard resets, empty the battery completely and recharge, clear the bluetooth pairing list, etc. I also tried to downgrade to almost every firmware version to see if the problem was firmware related, but the problem was apparent on all of the firmware versions I tried. None of this solved the issue. It was a defective power switch (that seemed completely fine to the touch).