lbessus
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 22, 2019

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

I have a same issue and I talked to a customer service manager.

His best deal was a service replacement with QC35 ii but I had to pay $139 because my headphone is out of warranty. I wonder why customer have to pay for this originally wrong programmed or designed product? My QC25 is still pristine condition so I just need to fix their manufacturing problem. Customer service have to consider to fix it for free without warranty like a recall service.

mmendes13
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 23, 2019

How crazy is a ""premium"" product that turns itself back on after a few seconds of being turned off.

All the time.

Qe all paid a lot of money on this garbage to that? And then, Bose can send a replacement for a ""discounted"" price? C'MON.

This is RIDICULOUS.

gaunta123
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 23, 2019

How did you go? They don't want to replace mine. They have offered a 50% discount. I'm not very happy! 

xkcoa
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

After called BOSE China Customer Service many times, I decided to give up. Because they never admit this is a known issue, they never offer any discount or coupons. They never pass your call to their supervisor, the even hang up the phone. BTW, There is not a way to complaint them. Now I have to ask them to ship the suck headphone back and pay the courier fee by myself. 

lbessus
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 22, 2019

Why Bose suggest only one option to customer which is offering 50% discount or some percent of discount without any explain about that big issue.  I think "QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself" is an issue related to product bugs from hardware or software. That means it is nothing with customer's fault. In other words, this issue is from product fault not from customer's activity. If it is true then I expect Bose take a responsibility to fix this issue for free no matter what it is out of warranty. I have a different experience with $450 GPS watch from other company (Out of warranty at that time,too). From using in indoor pool, my GPS watch had bad corrosion due to chlorine. I contacted customer service and they sent me a brand new upgraded version GPS watch. Also customer service manager said sorry and he would send it again whenever it happen because that designed for using indoor pool. 

Very disappointed from Bose customer service and their conscience of company.

rmarshall1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 11, 2017

I'm having the same problem as everyone else. Here's the odd thing, I usually listen to this on my iPad and when I turn off my Bluetooth on my iPad it will cut off even though it's still connected to my iPhone. It did cut on after about 10 minutes but I cut it off and it has stayed off so far. Having said all of that I still think there's still an issue of Bose standing by their product. I have spent thousands of dollars on Bose products for myself and as gifts. Time to look for another brand... 

Hello Everyone, 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your QC35 headphones. If you have tried all troubleshooting steps provided and are still experiencing issues, please reach out to your local support team by clicking this link here and selecting your region. Once you have selected your region please croll to the bottom of the page and select contact us. 

For those who reside in the US or UK, you are also able to message the Bose Offical Twitter or Facebook accounts to reach a member of the Customer Service team. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

mehringe
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

Bose is unwilling to stand behind their product.

I did contact my local support team and they are insistent that I have to buy a new pair of headphones at a "discount". For a premium company, the support is definitely sub-par considering this is a known and acknowledged issue within the support team. The service agent I worked with was friendly and helpful but there is an issue with Bose and their unwillingness to stand behind their product.

Guappy17
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

I was able to fix mine. I did the update. Then I turned them off and back on. Then I cleared the connection list by holding it into the on position for 10 seconds. Then I cleared it out of my phone too. Then I turned it off and it stayed off! Then I set everything up again as new connections. 

gaunta123
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 23, 2019

I did the same, it worked for a month and then started turning on again. I hope yours doesn't. I would make sure you contact them and get the process started.