Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

I wish the nearest Bose store wasn't 31mi (50km for you logical metric system people), a 60 minute drive for me. And I live in the same state as Bose HQ too, you'd think there would be more stores closer to the metro area.

I don't know if I want to be persistent and call customer service again because I've spent 60+min today speaking with 2 reps (only 1 of them spoke with their supervisor to get me a solution). And I'm sure they've logged in their records that I've called twice today. I'm afraid that the 3rd time I call they'll read the notes of the last 2 service calls and think "this guy again?!"

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 14, 2017

I contacted customer support over chat on 2nd Jan and they gave me two options: $109 for QC35 I and $209 for QC35 II. I didn't choose either of those options. I read few more posts on this thread and next day I contacted them again over chat. The first response that I got "You contacted us yesterday and you were given the best possible options". Also reminded me that my warranty was expired as I bought it back in 2017. I repeatedly told them, my case is not unique and there are others who faced the same issue and  got free replacement even with more than 3 years old headphones. I shared the link for the comment #805 (thanks for that comment with receipt) on this thread. After that the guy was asking me for the purchase receipt. Fortunately, I had email receipt and I shared the pdf with him. Then, he offered me free replacement. I already have sent my QC35 I to bose replacement center. Today they have shipped the QC35 II.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

Called the support they told me $209 for replacement.

Went to the store today and my headphone was replaced no questions asked. They known about the problem. 

I got a QC35 II ( Refurbished ) I think but still better than paying out of pocket or staying with auto on and off.

Original purchase June 2016 ( they didn't ask )

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 11, 2020

Same problem here. Now happening constantly. Really don't want to have the headphones charging all day and night except when I use them! I can't believe this has been going on since 2016. Will they really replace it? I'm one day past a year!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2020

I called Bose distributor İstanbul, Turkey today called Modern Elektronik.

I referred to the product defect that the headphone won’t turn off. The guy over the phone called Omer (supposedly technical service) said since the my headphones is no longer under warranty, they cannot replace it. I referred to the bose forum and said there are many customers who has expired warranty but replaced their headphones free of charge. He replied “You need to go to United States to replace your headphones for free of charge. In Turkey, you cannot get it replaced for free of charge. You can go and complain to Bose headquarters if you prefer.”

I said are you kidding?? Is this how you provide customer service to your clients?? Does Bose punish his customers for purchasing the headphones from different countries?? Do you favor one customer to another? 
UK&Ireland Bose customer service said they cannot support my case because i am out of their region. That means 300$ went to garbage! Thank you Bose!!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 13, 2020

I have quick question: 

I have the same issue as everyone else with my QC35-I

but I may not be able to find my receipt

will they require receipt if I go to their store? Or call

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 30, 2019

You just need to give them the serial number of your headset which you can get from the mobile app (ensure headset is connected).  That's sufficient enough for them to know that you have one of that unit.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

Maybe if you bought it used. Because they asked for my ID maybe just to make sure not replacing a stolen headset. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THEIR TERRIBLE SUPPORT TEAM, trying to tell me to solve my auto connect with power switch on the OFF position  issue as follows:

1. Put the headphones in their cloth case.

2. Move the headphones 50+ Feet from the device they are automatically connected to (I asked if putting them in a neighbors mailbox would work).

3. Turn Your Macbook/iPhone bluetooth off so that they dont connect to the headphones, I use a bluetooth keyboard and trackpad, he couldn't seem to figure out to solution to this situation.

4. Pay them an additional $220 + tax for an additional set of what I would refer to as scam headphones.

5. Throw the original $350 pair in the garbage, which at this point are worth $570 all in.

[Moderator Edit]

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

This Christmas my QC35s started exhibiting this issue.

I went to use it and found it dead.  Didn't think much of it but after I recharged it immediately turned itself on even though the switch was in the off position.

I found this thread and used the posts regarding warranty replacement number during my call to Bose customer support.

On the first call they had me do some troubleshooting (hard reset) then instructed me to call back if it occurs again.

The second time I called after the headphones turned themselves back on, the agent told me they recognized the issue but said that they could only replace the headset at a cost.

As shown in other posts I politely declined then asked to speak to a supervisor.  The supervisor lowered the price and mentioned that my headset was not in the batch where this issue was occurring. 

I kept insisting that it was still exhibiting the same exact issue, whether it was in that batch or not.  Eventually after placing me on hold for a few minutes, she gave me details that Bose was authorizing a free replacement.

This has made me feel a lot better about Bose and better about purchasing my sister a QC35 II.  However, even with the free replacement set I cannot help but have lost some trust in Bose because affected customers should have been notified and their sets replaced rather than having to call support repeatedly be offered a discounted replacement when this is a known issue.Lastly, no information has been given by Bose about why this issue is occurring and what was done on the QC35 II to resolve the issue.

I wanted to post my experience to show my appreciation for the help team and for replacing my defective set out of warranty but Bose should have been more proactive to their customers regarding this issue.