Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

Called bose and explained whats happening, and tried to quote the cases here in the forum with people getting replacements with no additional costs. They said they cant do this anymore and can only offer a discounted replacement. I guess Im stuck with this malfunctioning headphones.

Its really annoying as its admittedly Bose’s fault as to why their product is malfunctioning.

This will be the last time I buy from them. 

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@paolozz92You are not 'stuck'.  Just don't give up.  Keep calling back and escalate to a supervisor and then keep doing that.  Persistence is the 'name of the game'.  You may have to do it upwards of 20 time over a long stretch, but you will eventually end up with someone who is sympathetic and willing to accommodate you 'just this once' as you are a member of a 'larger class'.

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@paolozz92 

> would just like to add that there are no issues with the switch

With all due respect, if you have QC35i and it is turning on by itself it are the contacts in your switch that are slipping.  Your switch may look fine but it is not.

Your unit is part of a larger class of faulty QC35i with malfunctioning on/off switches.  There is no workaround.  Either you fix it yourself (Google for instructions) or get Bose to exchange it.  If you are persistent, you will eventually get someone at Bose willing to do a free exchange even if it is out of warranty.  But you will need to be in it for the long haul - multiple calls, escalations, etc.  Just keep at it until you get someone to agree to do it 'just this one time'.  Many of check into this thread doing and then reporting exactly that.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 24, 2020

I am facing the same problem with my Bose QC35. 

When I contacted with the Bose on Facebook Messanger, I was told that my headphone does not have warranty and hence the only option is to buy a new one.

I don't want to buy a new headphone. My existing headphones are like new only.

We do take care of things which are expensive.

I expect a real help from the company for the expensive products.

This is not a support or any kind of help from Bose.

I am very very frustrated with the help I received. Not sure what should I do with my expensive headphone which I can not use when I need. The batteries are drained when needed and are turned on all the time.

The headphones are connected to phone with an app. Headphones are turned on automatimatically, I am getting an impression that the headphone is turning on and listening to everything happening near it. Is bose tracking the things using their headphones as device to spy on customers ?

Or is it a new propaganda for selling more headphones by just breaking their own product which are old enough that the warranty does not apply?

I am not the only one after reading all the previous comments many people have the same problem.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 26, 2020

Re: Headphones power on automatically

Hi there @itguy78 

I am going to attempt to fix my wife’s Bose headset based on your instructions. We tried most suggestions and your solution seems like it will do the trick.

Would you be willing to provide links to the female pin wire and the power switch? I am leaning towards using the power switch, but I think I would like to use the female pin wire for my first iteration just to make sure it will work.

i appreciate it!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

@ctopher any small switch would work, I ordered this one because I use switches for other electronic tinkering I do:

Doradus 20Pcs SS12D00G3 2 Position SPDT 1P2T 3 Pin PCB Panel Mini Vertical Slide Switch https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01D2UDXRQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZZwZEbHE96FQ0
It would be overkill to order 10 units to use just one but it is only $3 for 10 anyway.

The switch is cheaper than ordering the cables which only sell in bulk (prototype breadboards cables) and you would need male and female so you would spend a lot more on that then the switch itself. What you can do while you wait for the switch is just use any thin coated wire you may have available and leave the edges stripped so you can twist/untwist together then once the switch arrives you can just solder it, but if you don’t mind waiting I would go do it with the switch in hands. For wiring you could use cut from a broken dc power adapter or from a broken earphones/headphones, small speaker wires, etc. some may break easily if you move/twist a lot but with the switch in place it should never move so it won’t matter.

There really isn’t much to it and it works very well for me. Good luck.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 26, 2020

Hello Bose community:

Exciting news! I had to wait one hour on hold, but after I had explained to the operator that I updated the software and tried a hard reset (unsuccessfully due to switching on before process finished), she immediately (and quite pleasantly!) said she'd email me a shipping label in 24-48 hours for the old headphones. Once received, Bose will send out the new QC35 II headphones with "expedited" 5-day shipping. Crossing my fingers this works!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 27, 2020

We have two sets of QC 35. Both sets are from June 2017. With one set we experience exactly these symptoms (turning on by itself).
Bose Denmark will not replace or repair them, but refers us to throw them in the trash and buy new ones. Disappointed.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Same happened to me in Spain. I was said that they were not supposed to provide any compensation as the warranty of my headphones had expired. Then, after phoning the person in charge, I was given QCII for 215€. I wonder what makes the difference in compensations regarding with each country. We should be given an equitable service as it is a manufacturing problem. I have tweeted Bose Support   but I have no hopes.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Hi,

I found my QC35 Silver Quiet Comfort without battery yesterday. Then i charged it during a while reaching 100% charged. I turn on and listen to the music without very good, as always. But when I switches it off, it switches on alone even with the switch in off position. i repeat switches on and off several times and finally switches it off.

The next day happen the same, that means the headphones have an issue. Do you know how to solve it?

i am writting from Spain, Madrid.

best regards

koldo