Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2020

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

Like many others here my QC35 headphones will not power off and the battery keeps dying. I don't think I should have to buy a new pair.  What are my options?  I am hoping I don't need to spend hours resolving this. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

Like many others (98 pages!) I was having the same issue - the headphones either refused to turn off, or when they did they would switch on again moments later when you weren't looking. And, like others I too was 'just out of warranty'.

Then I found on page 39 of this thread a pictorial guide for how to resolve. It worked for me, from basically being unusable to back to normal and this is now day four so here's hoping.

It isn't difficult - a bit fiddly and watch for the spring, but was done in a few minutes.

Hopefully it will work for others too. I simply put this on so later comments to the group don't have to start at page one before they find it.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

Any luck with this? I fixed the problem, but also lost the spring 😞 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

My headphones are also turning on by themselves. This is clearly a defect planted by Bose to force you to replace the headphones. I won't buy their products again but I hear the new Sony headphones are better anyway. 

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Guys - don't give up.  If you get a Bose person who says no free exchange because you are out of warranty, no matter what country you are in, just keep calling back and escalate and keep escalating and eventually if you explain you are part of a larger group all having this known manufacturing defect, they will exchange 'this one time'.  Companies like to you a 'favor' without admitting to any guilt or responsibility.  You can read here the dozens of people who have persisted and received a free exchange.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

I also lost it ....

how irresponsible Bose is...

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 8, 2020

I am experiencing this issue now. Have called Bose 5 times with varying prices on replacement. One supervisor was willing to let me exchange it for $50. 

Guess I will keep calling for now. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 8, 2020

A supervisor from the Philippines call center has agreed to replace the headphones as a one-time courtesy. I asked to be transferred to a USA rep, but there is no US team at the moment (COVID most likely). 

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@kxc262That is EXACTLY what you and we should be looking for.  This is Bose's 'way out' - they offer a free exchange 'just this one time' .... 'as a courtesy'.  That makes it a 'win - win'.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

I have the same problem with my QC35 headset so I contacted support. Since I am already running the latest version (3.0.3) my only option was to replace the unit for $209. I had thought their warranty was better than this but my headset is too old. I have not mistreated this headset and always put them back in the case after use so I am surprised that the switch went bad.