manutechguy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2018

Re: QC35 Headphones Turning Itself On?

Hi Bose Team,

My Bose QC35 is also turning on by itself after to the latest software. When I turn off I can feel the noise cancellation off and so the whole headphones. But after sometime, I see the green light tuns off by itsels along with white light, trying to connect to devices. This eventually drains my battery. I bought this from Japan and now I am at Canada, not sure what to do, I believe it is still under warranty, but I dont have the bill with me(can this be checked ?). Also please help me on how to fix this ? I really feel sad when this happens to such a costly and branded headphone. Please help.

Regards,

Manoj

Community Manager

Hello manutechguy

Thanks for writing in!  There is certainly support in Canada and they should be able to help you out.  Click HERE for a link to Canada support.  Just be sure to have the headphones with you when you call.

Warm Regards,

Tony  A 

zrobs
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 28, 2018

I am having the same issue.

I've updated the fimware and cleared the paired bluetooth devices several times. Nothing.

As someone mentioned earlier, the headphones will turn themselves on if any button is pressed or the USB cable is plugged in or unplugged. This suggests a circuitry issue; my power switch is in great condition so I can see no other real explanation.

While I understand that these things happen, it's a little absurd that so many people have had this issue after 1 - 1.5 years of owning such a, frankly, very expensive set of headphones.

I've contacted custmomer service via e-mail and am looking forward to some kind of resolution (although I did not recieve a confirmation e-mail indicating my original message had been received). In any case I'm looking forward to Bose's response as it will probably dictate whether or not I'll bother dealing with them again.

ms214
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 2, 2018

I purchased a set of QC35 headphones a little over one year ago.  I began having problems with my headphones turning on after Bose sent out firmware updates.  Knowing what I know now, I should have never updated my headphones.  About a week ago, I called the Bose support center and spoke with an individual who attempted to be helpful, but it was clear English wasn't his first language.  I told him my problems and his final solution was $50 off a new set of headphones.  So now I'll have close to $700 worth of Bose headphones?  Shouldnt Bose stand behind their product and repair, replace, or do a firmware update that corrects these problems?  I LOVED these headphones before the problem, but at any given time, now the headphones turn on (while the power swithch is in the off position) and disrupt my phone, TV, or any other device that was previously in sync.  BOSE PLEASE MAKE THIS SITUATION RIGHT!

@ms214 Hello, we sent you a DM to see if we can assist. Please check.

Thank you,

Mohsin

db0x0
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 29, 2018

new wrinkle to the switch error on mine. Now the power button switch won't turn on the headphones at all, I have to either push any other button (with switch in on or off position) or bump it to the 'pairing mode' toggle position.

Of course that's on top of the 'powers on by itself anytime it wants to regardless of switch postion' problem. If the phones are on, the switch will still turn them off for however long until they power up again.

iankim
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 26, 2018

So, still no solutions except paying 250$?

greerl
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2018

I called support. After objecting to just a discounted new set, Bose agreed to replace with new QC 35 I, no charge. Other than I explicitly asked, I don't know why Bose agreed to new for me if not others.

I've had the new set a couple of week and am completely satisfied with the new phones and customer service.

My only residual complaint is that I consider it incomprehensible that Bose does not repair the phones (confirmed by customer service); a modest repair charge would have been reasonable, just not $300.
ms214
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 2, 2018

Thanks!  I just got it.

jjones0024
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2018

QC 35 is Turning On By Itself

Out of nowhere my QC 35 started turning on randomly on their own. I've tried the troubleshooting that was recommended on other posts and updating to the latest firmware, but still no help. I've had these for over a year and a half so the warranty is up. I read some forums where bose replaced the headphones and some where they just gave them a discount on a new set of headphones. I use these on travel maybe once or twice a month and sometimes at my computer so they're in great condition. Has anyone else had any luck fixing this issue? Owning so many bose products, this leaves a really bad taste in my mouth that there have been instances where they didn't do anything about it besides a small discount.