sfrudebwoy
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 9, 2017

Re: Headphones power on automatically

I got it fixed by sending in the old headphones since it was within one year of purchase. So they sent me a new one. Thank you for your assistance.

@Pedro 

We have some contact details below to help you get service:

Headquarters 
Rua Eng Frederico Ulrich, 2810. 
4470-606 Moreira Maia - Portugal 

Phone: +351229419248 
Fax: +351229415591 
Email: info@abc.pt

Delegation Lisbon 
Rua Basílio Teles, 13-B 
1700-020 Lisbon -

Portugal Telephone : +351 217 221 590 
Fax: +351 217 221 599

Hours: Useful days from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. 

Here is the website http://www.abc.pt/bose/pt/contactos

Hope this helps! Let us know how everything goes

Mohsin

trueinviso
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 28, 2017

I'm having the same issue, looks like this product has an issue :(.

trueinviso

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear you are having trouble. For this problem, we would recommend contacting your local Bose support HERE. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Hope that helped

Pedro
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2017

Hi Mohsin_S

I've went to the service center you referred. First answer was that they have nothing to do with items purchased in USA. After saying that the Bose warranty is international and mentioning that you gave me their contact (they've asked me to e-mail this thread to comprove it) they have reluctantly collected the headphones and sent them to their technitian. I was told to wait up to 2 weeks for their feedback.
We'll see how this ends.

Thanks.

@pedro Thanks for your update and feedback. Keep us informed!

jsauquet
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jun 12, 2017

Got the same problem for a few weeks now. I turn off the headset and a few seconds later it turns on back again even though switch is off. However it's not systematic, sometimes it doesn't power back on automatically at all (normal behavior) or it will do it only after a minute or so. Very annoying when you want to use it and it's completely out of power. 

Got mine in November 2016, still under warranty. Will bring it to the dealer where I bought it this afternoon. Will let you know about the outcome. 

Besides this, very happy with the headset! Haven't upgraded it to latest firmware. Checked release notes and haven't seen anything related to my problem. 

jsauquet
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jun 12, 2017

As promised here is the follow-up : 

My headset will be replaced. Just that the shop I bought it couldn't give me directly a new one, they first need to ship it back to Bose and will be called in a few weeks time to get the new headset. Could do better in terms of customer service, but I guess that's because I'm in France versus other countries like US where they would have given me a new one on the spot and excused themselves for the defective headset. 

The shop did mention a few returns not specific to this problem (automatically powers on) but a problem with the on / off button which didn't work anymore. Perhaps this defect is a prelude to a non-working button? 

Also he showed me that even off, by clicking on the volume buttons, the headset would automatically power on immediately and wondered if this was a planned feature that could be configured but couldn't find the parameter anywhere in the Bose Connect App. 

Hey @jsauquet thanks for that update. Sounds like he was demonstrating the Auto-off feature that you can configure through the Bose Connect app. When the headset automatically powers off after a set period, pressing the volume buttons will turn it back on. 

Mohsin

kishoredbn
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 20, 2017

I'm having the same problem. I called customer care and they are on their way of sending me a new set with another year extended warrenty