danhilde
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 21, 2017

Re: QC35 Won't Turn Off

Solution : My QC35 worked fine for 6 months and then, a few days ago, this issue started; I was not able to turn off the QC35.  I did notice that if i disconnected the Bluetooth connection to the QC35, it did power off properly.  Without getting into the Engineering of this ... I called the customer support number, who told me to log into btu.bose.com and download the latest softare.  I did this and the issue is resolved.

Plug your QC35 into the USB port of your computer.  You don't have to power on (I did not).  Go to http://www.btu.bose.com.  Very easy instruction by the web site.  The udpate takes a few minutes.  This issue was resolved for me.

danhilde
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 21, 2017

Well, I should know better than to call something resolved before I know for sure.  I thought that the software update did the trick.  It did not. What seems to be happening is that the Bose software, when it detects a Bluetooth connection (in my case, with iPhone) ... it is failing to detect that the ON/OFF switch is set to the OFF position.  I called Bose back and they are going to send me a replacement headphone once they recieve mine.

To know that your headphone's switch is faulty, try the following:

- Activate a normal connection between your QC35 and a bluetooth device; in my case, an iPhone.

- Turn the QC35 ON/OFF switch to the OFF position.

If the green light comes back on by itself, it might indicate a bad ON/OFF switch on the QC35.

In my case, I did this many times ... only when I turned my iPhone Bluetooth OFF ... did the Bose headphone OFF switch behave itself.  But even when my QC35 switch was off ... when I re-activated my iPhone Bluetooth ... the Bose sensed it ... failed to detect that the QC35 switch was OFF ... and turned the power on. 

I do apologize for the precipitous call, earlier.  Hopefully Bose Engineers will design a more durable switch on the next generation of Bose headphone ... and of course they will ... they're Bose ! 🙂

Consumer Elitist
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2017

Re: Headphones power on automatically

I have the exact same issue.  The headphones are turning on by themselves in a random manner.  It is like the ghost of Christmas Past has come to annoy the hell out of us.  Each firmware update release has been equally useless in diagnosing this product defect.  Headphones are great as long as they aren't turning on by themselves.

Consumer Elitist

Thanks for responding. At this time it looks like the best thing would be for you to contact your local Bose support here. Click on your country, scroll down to " Contact Us"

Please come back and update us. we are here to help.

Tony

mrobbins.eccrn
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 20, 2017

So, my QC35s will not turn off...the switch does not seem loose at all.  I performed the software update yesterday, thinking that would fix the issue, however the power continues to remain on despite being in the off position.  I use my QC35s nearly everyday and this is becoming rather frustrating.  I bought my headphones <1 year ago from Best Buy...

danhilde
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 21, 2017

There is a high likelihood that the switch on your QC35 is defective. Call the Bose toll free customer service number and explain the issue. They might have you install the latest software download to be sure it's not the issue but they will replace your headphones if it's determined to be a bad switch. They were very helpful for me recently.
cassiofm
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 28, 2017

Im having the same problem here. I bought mine from Amazon Japan but it was over a year ago. I tried to find the local Bose on the Japanese website but my Japanese is not good enough to understand how to navigate the website. Could you give me the contact for the Japanese office please? Thanks!

Hi cassiofm,

I have included the telephone number for customer support in Japan:

0570-080-021

Business hours are between 9:30am - 5:00pm

I hope this helps, let us know how it goes?

Thanks,

Shiloh_C

cassiofm
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 28, 2017

Fantastic! Thanks for the quick reply! I sent them an email yesterday but so far no reply. I will call them tomorrow morning. 

What I did in the meantime was set auto-off to 5 minutes so If it turns itself on it is not for long....

primerofin
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

My phones also developed the same problem in last 1-2 weeks.

Did google search, found the Bose forum, clicked link to local support, went to software update section, updated the driver, and problem was fixed.

Very nice job Bose!

Makes me feel that the high price for these headphones is well justified!

Primero.