Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 30, 2018

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

Yeah this is very disappointing!!! I experience that problem as well. I’m considering another headphone company since I haven’t received much help or a solution. I feel robbed...
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 3, 2018

Re: Headphones power on automatically

Hi Kivi-Kingas, yes I would be interested in the instructions to try it. Thanks! 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 4, 2018

Re: QC 35 won’t turn off

That setting change would definitely help with the issue, but is not a true fix for the problem.

The standby timer is for when you forget to turn the power off, it will automatically shut off after that threshold is hit.  Off, is Off (or should be).  Why would anyone ever want them to stay on when you turn them off?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

Re: QC 35 won’t turn off

I agree and that is exactly what I had said. What would be the point of having an off button then? It is not a permanent fix, so far only once has it turned back on by merely walking by my headphones with my phone in my pocket, and once after it were finished charging. This is clearly a software issue and hopefully with enough complaints they disable to feature all together
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2018

I just had the same problem start 2 days ago.  The headphones are 16 months old.  The  Bose CSR's solution is for me to pay up for a replacement.  I feel abused.  I will look elsewhere for headphone products in the future

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2018

Bose QC35 will not turn off

Hi all, how are you?

I got my Bose CQ35 on may 2017 in Japan (im currently living in Bs As), worked fine until 2 weeks ago that i did an update requested through the app. Now the headphones turn on automatically when the headphones are off (there is no visible problem with the on/off switch button) and the battery runs out without ussage.

I tried updating it again through the app but there is no new update. Is there anyway to reset it to manufactury setting to see if that was the problem? 

Is there any warranty on this?

Many thanks,

Alberto

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Bose QC35 will not turn off

Hi AsM199,

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear about that. I would recommend contacting your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region. Scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

indy - the 'trick' I used only worked for about 3 weeks and it started happening again.  My only solution was to leave it charging when not in use.  I now have a pair of QC 35 ii and the on/off problem does not occur on them (so far 🙂 )  BUT

1. Bose is still testing QC 35 i's that have the issue (some customers were asked to send them their QC 35s).  I have not yet personally heard if they have totally ruled out the hardware malfunction explanation (I do not work for Bose).  But I will say having now owned both a i and a ii that there is definately a different 'feel' for the on/off switch.  The one on the ii is firmware and harder (requires more effort) to turn on and off.  Perhaps that explains a hw issue as some here claim.  Jury is still out for me.

2. I have a soundsport wired that is also turning itself on.  Bose techs here say they can't reproduce the problem... yet....  And as I mentioned before, every time I turn on my Dell laptop, one of my two Revolve's which has been paired to it turns on - at least I hear it announce itself since it is often in a napsack. 

3. The issue impacts many customers and Bose has been looking into it and hopefully in the best case scenario the firmware is updated and the issue goes away.  In the meantime, it is shameful to use the expression, that they have not got the word out to the phone support people who don't seem to know anything about what is going on and whose only solution is replace it with a QC ii which is not an acceptable solution im my opinion.  Not to mention that people here are complaining about the ANC in the QC ii with the latest  firmware update.  I have not read anyone here posting of an ANC problem on the QC i.

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Bose QC35 will not turn off

This is a known issue and while some here believe it is a hardware issue with the on/off switch I am in the other camp that the issue concerns the current (and possibly some versions back) implementation of Bluetooth Low Emission (BLE).  That means if it finds any BLE device - paired or unpaired, yours or someone else's, it will turn on.  There is no workaround other than leaving it plugged in charging when not in use (or far away from any other bluetooth device).  I have owned a QC i and ii.  I had the issue as well on the i but not the ii.  Though I have also seen my soundsport turn itself on as well.  Bose has told me they are still testing known i's that have the problem to determine if it is a hw or firmware issue or both.  If it is firmware, we'll have to wait for the next release which may take a while (perhaps sometime in 2019).  There is no way to go back to a firmware version that does not have the issue.  If it is a hw issue, your guess is as good as mine what they will decide.  I have never heard of them ever doing a recall or free exchange to a large number of complaining customers.  Your guess in that scenario is as good as mine.  But I would suggest it may take a couple of months before Bose determine's the cause.

P.S. - My two Revolve speakers and my Soundlink Mini will both turn themselves on if they get paired to my laptop and I turn my laptop on.  A different but yet still irritating implementation of BLE.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2018

Bose QC35 keeps turning on

My Bose QC35s keep turning on randomly. Issue here is that while on a call, my iPhone will connect to the QC35s when they randomly turn on.

Called Bose, they know its an issue, and the solution they offered was to not use bluetooth, which would make the wireless headphones pointless. Other alternative given to me was to pay $269 for a replacement, as my headphones are a few months out of warranty.

Anyone else have a similar issue/know of a fix?