Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

just search on anc here.  there are over 5 posts in the last month alone of people unhappy with the change made to anc with the latest firmware on the QC ii.  I don't want to speak for them but it involves hearing things with anc at high they those users believe should not be heard.  I turned on my qc ii on high a couple of days ago on a flight and it sounded the same to me as the QC i but I may not be as 'picky'.

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: QC35 Turning On When Off

dozens of threads on this including one including the one  I just responded to.  Go check... it is either a BLE (Bluetooth Low emission) issue as implemented by the firmware which requires an update perhaps in the next 6 months???? or a faulty on/off switch or both.  Only current workaround while we wait for Bose to finalize the determination of the issue is to keep in plugged in charging when not in use.  Doesn't happen to the QC ii I have so far, but has happened to both my Soundsport wired and I have another turn on issue with my Revolve's.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 9, 2018

having same BS issue with the headphones magically turning themselves back on. Turn OFF the switch, (so it's in the physical OFF position), and then leave them, 5-15mins later, they come back on (green light on, connects to devices), but the switch is still in off position, so I have to switch it into ON position, and then go fully OFF again. Happens all the time now. So unless i want dead headphones, I need to keep turning them off. This f*cking sucks for the $500 i paid for these less than 2years ago. I thought it was going to be fine contacting support given how expensive these are, but I'm seeing so many complaints from other people having same issue, and customer service seems to only be recommending to buy a new pair (lol) with some tiny discount. If they do not help me navigate something that so many other people are having issues with too, I will be switching to a competitor (too bad because I love these). There seem to be several decent alternatives, if you google "Best Noise-Canceling Headphones for 2018" you'll find link to others to try 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 10, 2018

I have same issue. It makes me creazy! 

I have to keep the QC35 on charging always while not using to avoid low battery I want to use it. Make me creazy.....

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 10, 2018

Re: QC 35 won’t turn off

I've already tried everything from this topic and other posts but the issue remains.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

I've tried a couple of things to my headset. One thing I did was to update to the latest firmware - or maybe I just reinstalled the latest firmware, I'm not sure which version I had before. I did this by connecting the headset to my computer and heading to https://btu.bose.com/ - another thing I did was to set the Standby Timer to 5 minutes. I did this from the Bose Connect app on my phone.

After doing this my headset seems to be keeping power a lot better.

If anyone else wants to try this out - preferably note the firmware version before updating/reinstalling and also if you could try it one step at a time we might help debug what is causing this issue.

The issue started occuring to me after I had not charged my headphones for a while and they were totally drained of battery. This coupled with the reinstalling of the firmware appearing to make things better leads me to the theory that perhaps some part of the firmware ended up in a bad state as a consequence of a fully drained battery. I'm wondering if anyone can confirm/deny that they too had a fully drained battery right before the issue started appearing?

Of course I have no idea if the issue might come back or if these suggestions will help anyone else.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello all,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and we appreciate everyone's feedback here. We’re sorry about the experience you’re having with your headphones. We hear your concerns and know it’s frustrating when a product stops functioning properly. We stand by our products and have options available should your headphones require service.

We recommend that you please try the following troubleshooting steps to see if it helps you:

Please try visiting the Bose Updater Site(btu.bose.com) to verify the firmware is up-to-date.

Try to perform a reset on your headphones: 

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

If this is not something which can be resolved via troubleshooting, we encourage you to reach out to our service team. They are equipped to assist in providing your service options and get you back up and running. Please click here and kindly select your region on the list for the best available contact information.

Thank you again and have a nice day.

Mohsin - Community Support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 10, 2018

Mine did the same thing. We will see if it turns itself on overnight tonight. If not, the hard reset steps, and disconnecting the headphones and reconnecting MIGHT have solved the problem.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 9, 2018

Hi Mohshin

My firmware is up to date, and none of these steps helped. I'm finding so many other threads about people having the same issue. I reached out to support email several days ago, still heard nothing.

Here's a video of what's happening, it's only worse now with newest firmware and after the reset steps.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/5su61tc350mvhhq/Bose_Bad_switch.mov?dl=0

By the way, please tell your engineering team the reset steps are super complicated – why do people need to time plugging it in for 5 seconds, and then waiting 30, and then waiting a minute – ETC. This should be as easy as holding down 2 or more select buttons for e.g. 10 seconds.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 10, 2018

And it DIDNT work. Calling Bose now.