TJM
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2019

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

Dear Mohsin

Appreciate BOSE international stance on supporting customers who have invested into the brand. I have two headsets (QC 35-I). One set was replaced by BOSE HK however unfortunately with the same model. I just assumed that the replacement headset would be just fine however the replacement set had the same problem. By the time that I got around to reporting the problem the warrenty had expired. I understand that I should have reported the problem sooner (FYI - one set is with me and the other set is with my father in another country). I would appreciate your direction please. Thank you.

Warm greetings

Tim

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@TJMThey are supposed to replace it with a QC35ii whether it is in warrantee or not.  Makes no difference.  By giving you a QC-35i as you can see, you are risking having the same problem happen again.  Ask for a FREE exchange for a QC35ii.  Makes no difference about the warrantee.  If they won't do it, call back - be PERSISTENT.  Escalate to a supervisor and then ask for a US based supervisor.  If they won't do it, google the main number (not support number) for Bose HQ in Framingham, Mass.  Then ask for a support supervisor.  If you keep at it, you will eventually get the free exchange.

DaWeav
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

@Mohsin_S wrote:

** Update: After testing, we can confirm that from the samples we have collected, the issue doesn't seem to be software related and an update would not remedy the issue, we recommend contacting your local support team for assistance.**

Hello all,

We appreciate everyone taking the time to write in and for sharing your feedback. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. We have been collecting samples over the past month or so to help understand the root cause of these reports. Early reports would indicate this symptom may be hardware related as opposed to something which could be corrected via troubleshooting or an update to firmware. We'll let you know here when we have any further details to share on this.

We understand it’s frustrating when a product stops working properly and we want to ensure you’re getting the most out of your headphones. If you're experiencing this issue, we would recommend giving our technical support team a call so we can assist you with a replacement order.

Contact information can be found here. Please select your region and kindly scroll down to where you see “contact us.”

Thank you again and have a great rest of your day.

Mohsin

Wow, you didn't even consider a product recall after you obviously confirmed that you have a hardware issue with your very expensive product like this!!! So un-American, but typical corporate greed. Something I would not have thought Bose would be! What do you do now if the customer didn't notice their QC35 headphones were doing this? Just offer the customer nothing in return for your incompetent manufacturing and quality control. 

PaulBellis
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 4, 2019

I tried customer services yesterday again , and no chance in the UK pay up to replace thier defective product, oh we will give you 30% off a new pair, no it’s defective sorry as in not fit for purpose . So in the UK it’s the consumer protection act, which I am now forced to go down.

perhaps we should collectively contact a consumer “watchdog” organisation also to warn others Bose don’t support out of warranty goods (note in UK) regardlesss of warranty they still have to fit for purpose for a reasonable time.

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@PaulBellisGetting an exchange is all about PERSISTENCE.  Keep calling back and if necessary escalate to a supervisor.  If you are tired of doing so and getting nowhere, then ask to be escalated to a US based supervisor.  If they refuse, google the main number (not the support number) for Bose HQ in Framingham, MA and then call that and explain your situation and ask for a support supervisor.  Bottom line is from what I can tell here (and my own experience) is that PERSISTANCE will eventually get you a free exchange to a QC35ii (even out of warrantee).

ozmac
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 9, 2019

I contacted Bose support yesterday but was unsuccessful in getting a free replacement on my first attempt. Their first offer was $260. I refused and said I would rather put that money towards a new pair from Sony, so then they came back offering $130. Again I refused the offer but I couldn't get them to go lower than that. When I pointed out this thread and the fact that people are getting free replacements even after the warranty expired, it was explained to me that they evaluate each request on a case by case basis and that my headphones are too far outside of warranty to qualify for a free replacement. They claimed that the free replacements are going to those that are only a couple of months outside of warranty (not sure if that is true or not). I plan on trying again and escalate to a supervisor as suggested here.

Pjti
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2017

Same problem for me, started acting queer last week. Every time I picked them up the battery was flat. Reset as per instructions, cleared BT, updated from 1.06 (something I never wanted to do after the last fiasco). They still start talking to me about battery state and then running through "connecting to" and now its says ready for pairing since I cleared BT. Something seems to wake them even though I have no BT devices enabled or switched on. Of course now I am writing this the bloody things have kept shtumm. Whatsapping support to no avail, they must be in a "Team meeting" or somesuch.
Anyone know what the UK warranty period is ? I had an idea it was 12 months but if its the normal 24 months I still have warranty.

Hi Pjti, 

Thanks for your post and getting back in touch. 

I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help and will be able to explain the warranty status of your headphones. I would recommend giving the team a call for the fastest response. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Pjti
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2017

I might be jumping the gun here, since my last post, and still no response on Whatsupp from Customer Support UK, I think I may have stumbled on a solution.

I'd read about broken switches, and ahem "hardware faults" . This was at the back of my mind, I was thinking possibly a dirty switch but no way was I going to spray Servisol into it because any warranty would be voided.  I didnt fancy taking the headphones apart either for same reason.

While I was thinking on this I realised I had been absentmindedly switching the things on ad off in rapid succession with a litle bit of pressure from the old thumb (64 years), maybe 3 or 4 times.

To my astonishement the problem seems to have gone away completely.  Maybe it was just a dirty switch after all. Anyway its been over an hour now and no little green light, no battery 100% , connecting to blah blah blah.

When I switch on it lights up and talks, I switch off and it warbles and stays put switched off.

Please Feel free to try it for yourselves. I'd be interested to see if I am right.

Patrick

Ps its over 2 hours now and still seems normal -

also note if you dont have a 64 year old thumb any other age thumb can be made to work. Just flick switch on and off a few times rapidly with a little downward pressure.

Hi Pjti, 

Thank you for posting and updating us on your situation. 

We are glad to hear that you have fixed this issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B