35resusc
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

I experienced this very same issue. My QC35 headphones would not turn off. I read all the forum responses. And then... I had success with a very simple procedure: I performed mouth-to-switch resuscitation. I cupped my kisser around the switch and then blew hard into and through it. Several times. After that... the problem was solved. (Bose, you're welcome.)

AlexanderRincon
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

Thank you, thank you THANK YOU! I live in Norway and Bose wont listen to me, I have had this problem for a while now, and I just did the blow trick - worked instantly! Thanks a million!!!!!! ❤️ 

edit: Bose should hire you as a developer or send you stocks! 🙂 

Grumpytex
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 30, 2019

i had the same problem with my QC headphones (series 1) and recently contacted Bose Customer support in Australia. The operator was super helpful, polite and replaced my headphones with the new version without question.

i have used Bose products for a very long time and this is the first issue I have ever had but can say the the customer support from Bose was second to none.  Unfortunately some products develop issues but to Bose credit they have identified the problem and taken care of the customer. 10/10 service. 

Matthevv
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem with my QC 35-I, so I tried contacting Bose via chat.

After explaining the problem they said:

"Our engineers have also debunked the theory of this being a manufacturing issue. I'm sorry as well since the Quiet Comfort 35's series aren't being made by our factories anymore that is why we are offering our series 2's."

And when I asked to read the full report from engineers, they answered:

"What I can let you know is that their response is this "If this issue is because of a manufacturing error, it would have broken down weeks upon its release or show signs within months. We would have already announced a recall if that is the case""

They won't replace my QC 35-I for free, they only offered a 20% discount on a replacement unit.

What would you guys do?

Thanks!

djmitz6
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

File a complaint with the better business bureau. Link below. You will get a certified letter with a response from the company.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ma/framingham/profile/electronic-equipment-dealers/bose-corporation-0021-4927

I have the same issue as well. The failure happened months after purchasing the headset, but I thought it was a firmware related issue to begin with as it started happening after I upgraded the firmware. It sounds like people who have disassembled the headsets determined it was from the case pushing in on the power button and smashing the power button contacts. So it is a pretty poor design on Bose's part for putting the power button in the exposed location. Hopefully future designs put it by the volume buttons were impact to the button is less likely on the side of the ear cup.

Matthevv
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Thank you @djmitz6 but we don't have that in the UK.

Just after I posted on the forum, Bose contacted me back and gave me an additional 20% and later 50% discount to exchange the headset with the II version, but I refused.

They claim that since they don't produce the version I anymore, they need me to pay to exchange them.

That's sad because I won't exchange them and next time I won't probably buy Bose.

itguy78
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

Well they have now released series 700 with no buttons on the side anymore - instead it has touch control (I don’t like it) and a few buttons between the side and the ear cups where they won’t get pushed by the case. This sounds like it was a deliberate decision to do away with the power button on the side but I am sure we will never hear them say it was due to the QC35 issues. Not only the 700s are more expensive they seem to have a lot of firmware/manufacturing issues at this time - I for one am definitely not going to buy them unless I can buy a 5yr warranty to go with it (I know best buy offers a 3yr warranty for instance), but I will most definitely look at other brands first for comparable products.

Sjdevillier@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Blew into the switched worked on mine.  

djmitz6
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

UPDATE:

I went into the Bose store yesterday, 11/10/2019 and they offered me a replacement QC35 headset for free. I told them my headset was out of warranty with no original receipt as I bought it three years ago. They said there was a service call out for the defective switch on the QC35 1st Generation headsets and they would replace them with the QC35 second generation for free. As soon as they told me this I ran to my car and grabbed my headset along with my friend's headset who had the same issue. They replaced both of them for free. I have the receipt to prove it. They claimed it under 5129 defective replacement. Its interesting that the stores have different return policies than the global customer support. I am glad they replaced it, because both my friend and I said we were never going to buy Bose again, but this changes things.

safron1201
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Re: QC 35-2Headphones power on automatically

Thank. it helped me.