rambo7
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

Thank you for providing your experience and information.

I had the similar issue, reached nearby Bose store today and have my QC 35-1 replaced with QC 35-2 for free. 
Also, thank you Bose for taking good care of customer satisfaction. Very much appreciated.

Bosebone
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

I am on my second QC35 with this issue. Customer service replaced the first one for free and now the replacement is doing the SAME thing! I contacted them and now I'm getting the "out of warranty" speech.  These headphones cost a fortune and Bose should offer a better solution. Surely they know by now after receiving all these returns what is going on. 

After reading most of this forum I setting the standby timer to 5 min instead of Never. The unit powered off after 5 minutes and has not come back on after about 30 minutes. Fingers crossed.

djmitz6
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Was your replacement set the QC-35 Gen ii or the QC-35 Gen i? I am curious if the Generation 2 headsets are having the same problem as the Generation 1 headsets. As I just received my replacement generation 2 headset, I want to verify my replacement headset doesn't fail outside of the 1 year warranty.

malca
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

Was it still in warranty? I called a store who told me I could only do through customer service - but I called them and they can only give me a discounted set

djmitz6
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

I told them that mine was three years out of warranty and they said it wasn't a problem. There is a service recall on the Generation 1 headsets. Just make sure your's is generation 1. Generation 2 had the Alexa Button on it. Here is a picture of the receipt.

Receipt.jpg

rambo7
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Hey, Mine was QC Gen 1 and I got it replaced with Gen 2. They gave a one year warranty with it, it works perfectly fine for me. So good so far. 

malca
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

Yeah mine is series 1 and im literally on hold right now with Bose with them saying the best they can do is give a 20% discount on a new pair because its 2 years out of warranty, **bleep**

rambo7
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Hey, It wasn't on warranty - just tell them "They can claim it under 5129 defective replacement". You should probably know what that is. 
I went to the near by store not via customer service calls. you should probably do that too.

malca
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

I live like 50 miles from the nearest store so Im trying to avoid that, especially if I end up driving all that way and they dont honor the replacement like they did for you.. didnt expect this with 350$ headphones

malca
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

After talking to 2 customer service reps I asked for a supervisor who comp'd the new pair - looks like a couple week process to send in old ones and get new ones but will be worth it for working ones assuming this all works out.  Thanks for the help with the defective code