Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 28, 2020

Re: QC35 switch doesn't work

I like that type of customer service. I have an IPhone 6s and the Bose Connect app hasn't been a problem for me. I unfortunately don't have a Bose Store near me, they closed it a few years ago and now my closest one is in Las Vegas and I just don't have time or money to take the trip because I am in high school and I have a job. I have had my Bose QC35II since October 2019 and I had this problem in early January so I wanted to see if the warranty would cover it and apparently the warranty expired from the month it was registered (which I did right away). I had to wait for almost a day before they would turn off (they were fully charged when it gave me the problem) the battery was at 20% when I was able to turn them off (I had tried twice every hour to turn them off). I have had to do the same thing just to turn them off what seems like every 4 days. The last time that I had to do that was on February 8th. I hope that customer service at Bose HQ can see the frustration that I have and be willing to replace mine.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 8, 2020

As a small update, I managed to get to a Bose store as I was in the area for an unrelated reason. After waiting for over an hour to get a decision regarding the repair of my headphones, I was told by the store manager that he stopped swapping them out because "it jacked up my inventory." He told me to call customer service, which I did while I was still in the store, and the request was denied even though a store employee confirmed that the unit was not working properly. The reason stated was "it is out of warranty." Seriously, I will never spend another dollar on Bose products.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 14, 2020

Thought I'd post my experience today.  My QC35 purchased in 2017 experiencing the same issue.  I went to the local store in TX to try and replace, they said it's a known problem and that I would need to call customer support to request the replacement since I did not purchase at their location.

I called customer support this morning, they wanted me to try upgrading my firmware which I did not want to do (and know that would not solve this problem).  Next they tried to offer me half-off on a new pair of headphones, so I asked to talk with a manager since I was told last night this was a known problem and that I should receive a replacement).  Waited for a few minutes and the support rep said they talked with the manager and would do a "one-time" replacement (thought the replacement will have a one-year warranty).  They provided prepaid shipping label, replacements will arrive 7-10 days after they receive my current pair.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 16, 2020

Quiet comfort Bluetooth turns on with power switch off position

This has become beyond frustrating. After I turn the power switch to the off position, the headphones will power on by themselves. How is this possible? I wake up and the headphones have been on all night with the power switch off. I turn them on and then turn them off again. In 10-15 minutes, they power on, but the switch is off. You can see the red next to the switch! Please help

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Quiet comfort Bluetooth turns on with power switch off position

This is a known problem and has been discussed here unfortunately coming up for two years.  It is not you and there is no workaround.  Turns out that your on/off switch is faulty and is causing the unit to turn on in the off position.  You really only have two options:
1. There is a very long post elsewhere in this forum which among other things contains DIY instructions and pictures for how to fix it.  I think these may also be somewhere on Reddit.

2. You can contact Bose support and ask for an exchange.  They all are well aware of this issue though they treat each one on a case by case basis and there will never be a 'recall'.  If your unit is out of warranty they will ask for you to pay for an exchange.  Refuse to do so and insist it is a know problem/defect and you are part of the large group of units with this defect.  If they still refuse escalate to a supervisor.  You may need to call back multiple times.  Eventually if you persevere, you will get a FREE exchange.  Most people trying that here have said eventually get a QC35ii at no charge.

These are your only two options as there is nothing else you can do stop it from turning on.  It is not a firmware issue, you can't reinitialize to make the problem go away nor can you leave a cable plugged in unless you always keep it charging when not in use.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

I lightly and carefully used my pair for 2years. It never been dropped, only used in indoor and done all software updates. It started turning on itself a month ago and my only option is replacing with $200. I have read a lot of posts saying the same issue. Why Bose cannot admit the defect of its products? I am regretting i bought $350 headphones. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

Re: QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

TEMPORARY FIX! The problem will come back, but the Bose can easily be turned off and it will stay off for several use cycles.
#1 Place the switch in the middle ON position.
#2 Plug the Bose into a USB wall charger.
#3 Wait a few seconds and unplug the USB cable from the Bose.
#4 Turn the switch to the OFF position and it will stay off.
#5 To turn the Bose back on you will need to push the switch past the ON position to the PARING position. Don't hold it there unless you actually want to pair.

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@tgp 

>Why Bose cannot admit the defect of its products?
Actually they did at some point last year in this post somewhere, I believe.  They didn't give us the details we know that it is slippage in the on/off switch.  I think they said it was not fixable by firmware. But no matter what they said, we and they all know it is a hardware problem.  Whatever they call it, we call it a manufacturing defect.  But they won't say anymore about it and there will not be any 'recall'.

Now I do not work for Bose so I don't know exactly who knows what in their support center or what their instructions are.  I can just tell you what I did in Nov 18 and what other people shared here in this forum.  If you are in warantee - all is well.  straight exchange.  If not, they will ask you to pay.  But then you need to go through a 'dance' telling them what you have done and that it is a known hardware defect in a large number of units and not just yours.  If they still insist on money, just hang up nicely and call back.  Keep doing so escalating to supervisor(s) until you finally get someone who agrees with you and is willing to do the free exchange.  People here who have been persistent, say eventually they get a free exchange.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 27, 2020

QC 35-I is Turning On By Itself

My Bose QC35 II headphones turn on automatically even though the switch is in the off position as per the manual.

When I turn them off I can hear the off sound, but then maybe I am in bed playing with my phone and suddenly the phone is connected to the headphones, although the switch is still in off.

Anyone else faces this problem or knows a remedy?

Video demonstration:

https://youtu.be/0bugTnRbnhQ

PS: It's on the latest firmware

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 28, 2020

Hi, I was having the same problem and found the only way around it for me is in the Bose Connect App. In settings go to the Standby Timer page and change from Never to 5 minutes. Mine then turned off automatically after 5 minutes. Not a perfect solution but at least the battery doesn't run dead flat.