Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

QC 35 II Bluetooth not working

My QC 35 II headphones Bluetooth doesn't Seem to be working. It was working fine just few days back and all of a sudden its not giving out any sound when on BT.

I'm not able to connect to Bose connect app, unable to pair new devices as well. Its not connecting to my OnePlus 6 which is already paired, it shows connected on my iPad but music plays only on speaker.

When I turn on BT first time, there is noice cancellation pop but no sound afterwards. There's no automated voice over message as well. This is all so frustrating.

If I connect through cable I can listen to music but volume controls don't work.

One more thing, the bluetooth indicator just flashes for half a second and goes off. No physical buttons seems working.

NFC shows pairing and then says pairing unsuccessful.

Can anyone help? Please, let me know. I almost feel like I'm dieing 😓

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: QC 35 II Bluetooth not working

Hi Vigneshr, 

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the connection issues you are experiencing with your QC35 II's. 

I would recommend clearing the pairing list on the headphones. You can do this by pressing the switch over to the Bluetooth icon for 10 seconds until you hear 'devices list cleared'. Then delete the pairing on your source device. 

Let me know how you got on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

I already tried clearing the pairing list.

It doesn't help as the controls are not responding.

It's not just connection issue, I don't hear anything on bluetooth mode like battery percentage or noice cancellation level etc.

How to factory reset the device?

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch!

A factory reset can be performed by following the instructions on this page.

If the issue continues, I would recommend getting in touch with support here

Thanks.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Jeff_Gfyi - I just tried call the US support center. It has closed down.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

Unfortunately, none of the steps mentioned here works for me.

I'm suspecting maybe the bluetooth transmitter/receivor is dead or something, and if that's the case it would be very surprising. I had the headphones for just a little over a year and my usage has been very minimal.

This questions the quality of components Bose uses in their "premium" line of products

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 2, 2018

I'm having the same exact issue, and none of the suggestions have helped. It happened out of nowhere. I let the headphones die and when I recharged them, I had bluetooth work and I was able to use them with my phone, but then they stopped working again. It does seem like there's an issue with the Bluetooth chip. Have you had any luck? I'm out of warranty and Bose only gives a discount on a replacement pair 😕

Highlighted

Hi! 

Thanks for reaching out! 

Have you tried updating the firmware? 

You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE on a laptop or PC and following the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how this goes!