Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shadowspirit
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2021

QC 35 II - Disable sidetone

I was excited to see that the latest update included the ability to adjust the sidetone volume.  I use an external DAC with the headset and I cannot seem to find a way to reduce the sidetone volume when using the 3.5mm jack .   Is there a way to control the sidetone without using the app or the base station?  Surely there is a button on the headset to manage this?  I have yet to find it.

The mic picks up so much ambient noise it renders the headset unusable.  What makes things worse is that the firmware seems to increase the sidetone volume if it picks up soft background noise.  The design of the sidetone needs a lot of work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: QC 35 II - Disable sidetone

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hey Shadowspirit, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community! 

The side-tone on the QC35 II can only be controlled through the application. You are not able to control this with a button press. As the application requires a Bluetooth connection, I do not think you will be able to control it through a cabled connection. 

I hope this answers your question! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jessie_O

Re: QC 35 II - Disable sidetone

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hey Shadowspirit, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community! 

The side-tone on the QC35 II can only be controlled through the application. You are not able to control this with a button press. As the application requires a Bluetooth connection, I do not think you will be able to control it through a cabled connection. 

I hope this answers your question! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post