froblesmartin
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 26, 2021

QC 35 II - Microphone not working in phone calls

- Bose product name: QuietComfort 35 II

- Firmware Version: 4.8.1

- App Version: bose android app 14.0

- What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T on Android 10 QKQ1.200114.002 with MIUI 12.0.1.0

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce:

Microphone does not work in regular phone calls.

In VoIP calls through WhatsApp, it does work. In my MacBook PRO works correctly.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Since the beginning. It hasn't worked properly.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

I did test it with a Huawei phone and it works. I have tried enabling and disabling ACC in the phone's Bluetooth settings for the device but there is no change.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
froblesmartin
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 26, 2021

Re: QC 35 II - Microphone not working in phone calls

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi @Keith_L ,

thanks for your help. Just disabling and re-enabling the phone call option did not fix it, I forgot to mention the result 😅.

After some tests connecting to an iPhone, forgetting the device from my phone, restarting my phone, and connecting it back, it now works. Don't really know which step exactly fixed it this time.

Thanks for your attention!

Fran

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi forblesmartin,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting!

It's strange that you are only unable to use the microphone on the Xiaomi, and only when trying to use it for standard phone calls. As the headphones are working correctly with the other device you tested them with, it does suggest that a setting on the Xiaomi is stopping the headphones from being used on a call.

One setting I would definitely recommend checking is whether the headphones are set to be used for calls or just audio. You can find this setting on Android phones in the Bluetooth settings as shown below. If it is already enabled, try disabling and re-enabling it to see if this allows you to take standard phone calls.

bluetooth enable phone calls.jpg

Let me know how this goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
froblesmartin
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 26, 2021

Hi @Keith_L ,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it is enabled and I did test it. If it would be off the headset would not be an option in the call audio outputs. 😞

Keith_L
Community Manager

No worries froblesmartin, thanks for checking that. Did disabling, then re-enabling the phone call option change anything at all?

I'd also recommend clearing the pairing between the headphones and your Xiaomi phone to create a fresh connection. To clear the pairing on the headphones, turn them on, then slide and hold the Bluetooth/power switch to the Bluetooth symbol for 10 seconds, until you hear a notification. You'll also want to forget the headphones from the Bluetooth device list on the Xiaomi as well before reconnecting your headphones to the phone.

Once you've reconnected them, give the headphones a test on  a call and let me know how it goes!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
froblesmartin
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 26, 2021

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi @Keith_L ,

thanks for your help. Just disabling and re-enabling the phone call option did not fix it, I forgot to mention the result 😅.

After some tests connecting to an iPhone, forgetting the device from my phone, restarting my phone, and connecting it back, it now works. Don't really know which step exactly fixed it this time.

Thanks for your attention!

Fran

View solution in original post

Keith_L
Community Manager

No worries Fran, I'm glad to hear you have got the headphones working for calls correctly!

Even though you aren't sure which of those steps fixed it, I'll mark your post as resolved so that if any other users come across this problem with phone calls in the future, they know to try all the steps you listed to be safe!