Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

Re: QC 35 II Static Noise

I am experiencing the exact issues described in this thread although I have the original QC35. I have tried all the tests mentioned and nothing seems to help - its really irritating. I purchased the headphones from Amazon in Nov 18 - anyone know what out of warranty support bose will offer in this circumstance?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

I got my daughter QC35 II for xmas 2018. They have been in use for 15 months now. So just out of warranty and the same issue appeared: static noise in the right speaker. The headphones are on the latest firmware and we've done the reset procedure. Only thing that stops the noise is disabling the ANC via the app. I assume this is a hardware issue. Very disappointing. 

I have QC35 II for myself, too. Using them for 10 months now and they are starting to turn off suddenly during a call (connected to laptop). Didn't have this issue before. 

So overall looks like Bose has a quality issue. I will post my issue in another thread. 

As my daughter's headphones are out of warranty (for just 3 months) I'm interested to see what Bose is going to do about it (contacted Base via their Facebook page). 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2019

I have just recently discovered the static on my headphones as well.  If I turn off the noise cancellation it goes away.  Is there another remedy?  The firmware is updated.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2020

I'm having this exact same problem. My QC35II right ear has developed horrible static just this week that makes it nearly impossible to get any work done. I upgraded the software, but didn't help. I tried the hard reset, but didn't help. Any other options you can suggest I try? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Hello,

I have the same noise problem in the right side. I did what you suggested here, step by step. It helped for a day or two, unfortunately the noise returns. It is impossible to use the headphones like that.

As for your question, the noise occurs when I connect with Bluetooth, not with the wire.

Thank you 

Agate

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 26, 2020

I'm having the exact same issue that's been identified in this entire thread from all those users.  Updated firmware, reset device, same results. Just out of warranty and want to charge me $209 for a replacement set for what appears to be a manufacturer defect based on so many of the same issues we all have identified.  This is like a defect on a car that's manufacturing related, and this certainly is.  These headphones should all be replaced at n/c for all of us and correct the manufacturer defect.  For all those that are have/had this, I would suggest adding the same comments on this thread.  We pay a premium for the Bose name, and expect a much greater level of support and backing of your product - especially for $350 headphones.  Please let me know how to Handle this.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 26, 2020

Re: QC 35 II Static Noise (Bose - Need a response!)

Bose Support - Any update or response to the above issue and suggestion that this is a manufacturer defect?  I did update the firmware and it's even worse now!  As well, confirmed that it happens with either Bluetooth or direct wired.  This is not the quality and support expected from Bose, ESPECIALLY since we're paying significantly more for products to avoid exactly what we're experiencing!!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

Just acquired a QC35II, I should have read these threads before buying it...

4 days and static noise since day 1...

Similar to all previous reported issue: Connected to my Samsung no issue, connected to computer: static noise in Hand Free mode

I tried windows system sounds: when QC35II is used on headset only: no issue, but hard to make a conf call without microphone...

Once set to hand Free: static noise with variable occurrences, like every minutes to every 30 minutes

Tried different reboot, SW update ect...

NO IMPROVEMENT!!!

I'm astonished to see that problem with "Solution Found" Flag while community keep complaining.

BOSE support any feedback before I return it and quit Bose ?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 26, 2020

Did you ever get a response from Bose on your thread?  I haven't gotten any response!!!!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 26, 2020

@boseSupport - What is the update for this?  I've seen no responses on any of the threads about the continued noise in the right ear.  All have done firmware updates / downgrades - newer firmware makes it WORSE.  I would like to return both my QC35's if you can't fix this maufacturer defect.