Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: QC 35 II Static Noise

Hello everyone,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing static noises on your QuietComfort35 headphones, I would be more than happy to assist you further. Firstly, let's start with a product reset, please follow the steps below:

1. Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  2. Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  4. Power on your product.

Then I would suggest clearing the pairing list for the headphones and the Bluetooth device you are using, please follow the steps below to do this:

1. Power on your headset
  2. Slide the Power switch to the Bluetooth icon and hold it for 10 seconds until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared.

I am also curious to know if the static sound occurs when using a wired connection or if it happens with select audio sources?

I hope this helps, I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

BManFixMe10
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2019

Hi Bose,

I just got my QC35 II yesterday. I am having this issue as well. I tried the wire and Bluetooth test option. I also tried resetting my headphones. I found that when my headphones are wired into a device I hear no static. When I use Bluetooth I hear static and pick up little noises (IE crackling wrappers) more so too. This static is driving me crazy and I need the option to use Bluetooth. 

What would you advise here and how do I get staticless Bluetooth with these headphones?

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi BoseFixMe10,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are also experiencing issues with your QC35 headphones and would be happy to help with this.

Thank you as well for trying the troubleshooting we recommended, I'm disappointed to hear it has not helped this time but there are some other things we can try as well.

So we can provide you with the most accurate assistance possible I do have a couple of questions for you.

When we are experiencing this issue, what device(s) are we connected to via Bluetooth? Does the same thing happen with multiple Bluetooth devices or is it specific to one?

Does the issue occur all the time, or just when we have noise canceling turned on?

Do we have the same problems when listening to audio and when using the headset for a phone call?

Also, if you haven't done so yet I would recommend using our Device Updater, to make sure your headphones are fully up to date with the latest firmware, and we can see if that helps improve the connection.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Keith L 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
BManFixMe10
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2019

Hi There, I put my answers under your questions. See below. 

When we are experiencing this issue, what device(s) are we connected to via Bluetooth? Does the same thing happen with multiple Bluetooth devices or is it specific to one?

- Happens when I am connected to iPhone, Laptop (Mac), or Both at the same time. 

Does the issue occur all the time, or just when we have noise canceling turned on?

- All the time. If I turn off noise cancelation it sounds more like a faint air tunnel. If I turn it on it sounds more like static and background noise. 

Do we have the same problems when listening to audio and when using the headset for a phone call? - No, listening to audio is fine, but if I am in a conference room via computer or on the phone (somewhere I need a mic) it starts up. 

Also, if you haven't done so yet I would recommend using our Device Updater, to make sure your headphones are fully up to date with the latest firmware, and we can see if that helps improve the connection. I

- I did this, still seeing the same issues under the same conditions. 

Summary: After all these tests, I have found that it happens anytime I am using/accessing the Mic. Bluetooth with the Mic is medium static and wired in while using the Mic is very low static. 

Community_Admin

Hello BManFixMe10,

Thank you for getting back to me with that information. 

From the information, those tests have provided us, it does seem like it may be a hardware issue with the microphone in the headset. Just due to how the issue seems to be specific to when the microphone is in use, as you mentioned. 

Given that you mentioned these are a new set of headphones we would want to look at getting those headphones replaced. You can either do this through the store/site you bought the headphones from, or by contacting your local support team.

You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let us know how you get on.

Keith L

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Shadnick
Participant
Registered since

Jan 29, 2020

I am sorry to say I am having the exact same issue. Did go they the reboot protocol with no results. 
I would add that, as well as noticing the issue with iPhone IMac I observe the same problem connecting via Bluetooth to my smart TV.  I managed to get used to the sound once watching a hockey game but realized that the static sound had given me a little head ache. The static picks up at every word pronounced and féministes when no one is speaking. 
can I use the same info you provided to contact Bose?

NathanScott110011
Participant
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

I'm having the same issue as well. What is the best way to contact support? I can't find an actual support contact method anywhere.

Hector_B

Hey NathanScott110011, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. 

So that I can provide you with the correct contact information, can you please confirm the region you are located in? 

Thanks, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
NathanScott110011
Participant
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

Hi Hector - I'm EU based in the UK - Thanks!

Hector_B

Hello NathanScott110011, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! 

You can contact Bose UK via all of the contact methods listed here, you can also contact the team via Facebook or Twitter

If you have any issues reaching the team please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B