Highlighted
trescommaclub
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2020

QC 35 II Won't Turn On

Bought the QC 35 II in Jan 2018 brand new from an airport Bose kiosk. Haven't had any issues until yesterday when the following happened:

• Battery was fully charged, I was listening to music, and the headphones just randomly turned off. I'm not able to turn them back on with the power switch (power switch seems fine mechanically, locks and slides as normal)
  • If I plug them into a USB power source, the charge light illuminates
  • If I hard wire them to the audio cable without power, I hear a faint version of the audio I'm listening to. Switching the power on/off has no effect here (ie, I can't use noise cancellation)
  • If I hard wire them to the audio cable and USB power at the same time, I can fully hear the audio I'm listening to along with a loud buzzing/audio feedback sound. Switching the power on/off has no effect here (ie, I can't use noise cancellation)

I tried the "reset" instructions on the Bose forums with no luck.

I also downloaded the firmware updater from btu.bose.com and updated to the latest firmware version.

I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue. I spent $349 on these headphones and expected them to last me a long time. I take care to always place them in the case when not using them. Pretty bummed if they are broken. I checked Bose's online tech support and the only suggestion the automated system provided is "Your headphones are out of warranty, but you can buy a new pair at the reduced price of $209!". Really? What a cop out for an expensive product that's advertised as the premier audio device provider in the marketplace.

There has to be some fix for this, right? I can't believe a $349 pair of headphones would fail like this.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: QC 35 II Won't Turn On

Hello Trescommaclub, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am so sorry you are having this issue. The issue you are having sounds like it is a physical fault with the headphones. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

I am sorry that I cannot help more. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.