QC 35 II crackle when switching on

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

QC 35 II crackle when switching on

QC 35 II with voice prompts off

When switching on and connecting to the Bluetooth device the headphones beep to indicating power on, and connected to a device. These beeps are accompanied by a click, at the same time, that sometimes sounds like static or distortion at high volume, only for a split second, but can be harsh

When switching between the three noise cancellation settings there is a beep accompanied by a click, sometimes, but not other times. This click can also sometimes be loud like static or the sound you sometimes get when you switch an amp on, again only for a split second. It does it if you use the switch or change the noise cancelling using the app. This is the same when connected to any device I've tried or if connected to no device. I have the latest firmware and have reset the headphones, unpaired from all devices etc etc

22 REPLIES 22
Audible Advocate

Re: QC 35 II crackle when switching on

Does any one else have this issue or similar?

It seems to be “normal” ☹️

Hi Zanton, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue, however I would love to assist further. 

Firstly, can you please confirm if you have this issue with Voice Prompts on? You may hear a slight pop when you turn the headset on, this occurs as the noise reduction circuitry powers up.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

1) ANC button - with voice prompts ON it is much more like a click and it doesn’t change if you cycle through a few times (i.e. keep switching High, Low, Off).

With voice prompts OFF it varies, there always the beep (High, Low, Off) but sometimes a click too, sometimes no click, sometimes a harsh “pop” like static

2) Switching on - with voice prompts ON, a click sound followed by “battery 60%. Connected to...” etc etc.

With voice prompts OFF there is a click followed by a 3 or 4 beep tone and another tone(s) to indicate connection to a device or devices. Sometimes this click is just a click, sometimes a harsh “pop” like static

Hi Zanton, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Have you attempted to connect the headphones to another device to see if the issue persists? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Audible Advocate

Yes

Hi Zanton, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. As your issue is still persisting  I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Audible Advocate

Done.

Do you have a pair you can try so you know what I mean?

Will they look at these pages or will I have to explain the whole thing again from scratch?

Hi Zanton, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! I have attempted this myself earlier today when you first posted and wasn't able to replicate this. 

The team will be able to see this thread if you tell them where it is located! Just mention to the team that you have attempted to speak to us via the community. 

I am sorry that I wasn't able to assist you further via this platform. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Audible Advocate

You hear no click at all on the pair you tried with ?