Highlighted
DanielBrathen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2018

QC 35 II disconnects me from Skype meetings (skype for business)

I have a Mid 2015 MacBook Pro, and when i connect my headset via bluetooth to the mac, and join online meetings via skype for business, i start getting random disconnects from the meeting. If i "unplug" the headset and go by speakers and mic on the mac it works all good. Also if i connect my old QC 25 with cable, it works like a charm. So it seems to be connected to the QC35 II and/or the bluetooth. I have not experienced this with other bluetooth headsets in the past. 

Best regards
Daniel

20 REPLIES 20
Community Manager

Re: QC 35 II disconnects me from Skype meetings (skype for business)

Hi Daniel

Thanks for posting in the Community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

• When trying to use the headset for Skype on the Mac, are you connected to a separate mobile device at the same time?  If so, can you try and connect just to the Mac?
  • Can you confirm if the headset is on the latest firmware update?  You can check by connecting it to your computer with the USB cord and clicking HERE to access our updater site.
  • Also, you may want to check Apple's support site to see if there is a Bluetooth driver update for your Mac.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

DanielBrathen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2018

Hi, 

None of the above helps, and i can see many posts around the world wide web about the same issue. 

I can add that i got my self a new macbook pro today, and i have the exact same problems with this one as well.

Kaspej
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 27, 2018

I have the same issues DanielBrathen mentioned above. Always when I try to answer Skype(standard one not for business) call or make a new one my QC35 II disconnects. I've updated QC35 firmware, Skype and Mojave. There is no bluetooth related updates on Apple support site (MacBook Pro 13 2017).

What to do, how to live

Best Regards
Piotr

DominikDominik
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 12, 2019

I have similar problem. After latest update to firmware 4.3.6 the QC 35 II headphones disconnect completely from macOS when Skype is launched. Then, after closing Skype it takes several minutes to reconnect again. @Tony_A is there any solution for this?

Hi All,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing this issue while using Skype with our headphones.

Are we all just experiencing this issue when Skype is launched? No other programs are causing the same disconnection? If it's just happening with Skype, it's possible that the Skype app has set it's default audio device to the internal speakers and is overriding the computer trying to use your Bluetooth headphones. If we could try following the instructions HERE to set the Bluetooth headphones as the audio device would this stop the disconnections we are experiencing?

I hope this helps.

Keith - Community Support -  

DominikDominik
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 12, 2019

> Are we all just experiencing this issue when Skype is launched? No other programs are causing the same disconnection?

As far as I can tell the problem occurs when:

- headphones are connected to phone and Mac correctly (Samsung S8 with Bose Connect installed and MBP 2017 with headphones via Bluetooth with assistance of Bose Connect app) (i.e. I can play music on laptop and then on phone and everything switches smoothly)

- Skype is launched on macOS and call is made (either incoming or outgoing)

At this point headphones are disappearing from macOS audio preferences and I'm unable to reconnect them either by audio preferences nor Bose Connect app. It just hangs itself.

If I cancel call and quit Skype I can reconnect my headphones via Bose Connect app.

Skype version: 8.40.0.86 (ordinary Skype, not for business)

Bose Connect: 8.0

Firmware: 4.3.6

Model: QuietComfort 35 Series 2

Thank you for the quick response DominikDominik.

I've done a bit of digging on this issue and found a couple threads from our forums and Skype's support centre that seem to suggest that Skype has an issue with Bluetooth connections as they've been experiencing issues with Bluetooth keyboards and mice as well as headphones when running Skype.

With this and the fact that you only have the connection issues while Skype is open on the Mac, it would suggest that Skype is the root cause of the disconnection, so it would definitely getting in touch with the guys over at Skype to see if they know of any fixes available.

Thank you for providing the information on the Software versions of the devices in question as it means we can try investigate it further on our end as well.

All the best.

Keith

loh
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 7, 2019

Hi Keith,

Just adding to the chorus of users of users experiencing this issue - I'm using Skype for Business on Windows 10 laptop. I'm having the same problem as another post on this issue: QC35 turns off exactly 20 minutes into a Skype (for Business) Windows 10 bc/auto-off in Headset Mode. Looking forward to a resolution from Bose soon. Thank you.

@Keith_L wrote:

I've done a bit of digging on this issue and found a couple threads from our forums and Skype's support centre that seem to suggest that Skype has an issue with Bluetooth connections as they've been experiencing issues with Bluetooth keyboards and mice as well as headphones when running Skype.

With this and the fact that you only have the connection issues while Skype is open on the Mac, it would suggest that Skype is the root cause of the disconnection, so it would definitely getting in touch with the guys over at Skype to see if they know of any fixes available.

Thank you for providing the information on the Software versions of the devices in question as it means we can try investigate it further on our end as well.

All the best.

Keith

@Keith_L wrote:

All the best.

Keith

Marbl
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

Hi,

This is not only Skype related issue - at least on my QC35 II's. Before I experienced it only with Skype but after the latest update even Google Meet does the same. I was hoping that latest update (week old update) would solve the Skype issue but it turned out to be worse now. I can't do any work with these headphones anymore. My issue might be different than other's so I'll explain mine:

1. I connect heaphones to my Dell laptop which has integrated bluetooth. I just tested that it doesn't matter if my phone is also connected. Music and phone calls work just fine with double connection but meetings does not.

2. I connect to Skype or Meet (I haven't tested anything else yet with the new firmware).

3. As I'm connecting, quiet hissing sound appears.

4. After few seconds of hissing, a loud obnoxious beep and then heaphones are disconnecting.

5. Heaphones gets in a connecting loop.

6. Weird is that it doesn't even connect to Skype because of the problem (=I can't get to the meeting at all). GMeet is connected but obviously no sound or mic is working.

It's frustrating always to change these great headphones to some bad corporate heaphones.