Comrad
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2021

QC 35 II doesn't turn on

My QC 35 II are about 3 year old.

Only accidentally used when I was flying. Nowadays when flying is restricted I haven't used them for about 4 months. When I recently pulled my headphones out the battery was flat and I charged it to 100% and used them for several hours. Next day they didn't turn on. I put them on charge again and despite the amber led light is flashing it never gets to green (even after whole night of charging). I tried using different cables and different USB ports, including laptop and wall USB sockets, all methods lead to the same result. I used the cable and the method used by one of my work mates who's got the same model of headphones. It works for him, but doesn't work for me.

This means I can't turn them on. I can't reset them. I also can't update the firmware or follow any troubleshooting steps. PS Advertised ability to be used via cable on flat battery does not yield any result. Why is this?

Does this mean the battery is not holding the charge or possibly something else?

Is there a remedy or full replacement is the only option?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_F

Re: QC 35 II doesn't turn on

Hey Comrad,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I hope you've loved your QC35 II headphones so far!

I'm sorry to learn you're running into an issue with charging your product, and I appreciate the extensive troubleshooting you've tried so far. I would've certainly recommended different cables and power outlets for charging the headphones. If possible, I'd recommend that you try a product reset, and also update the product firmware through our BTU site HERE.

Connecting the headphones directly to your computer via cable will allow you to update the firmware and test the headphones. If you have issues making the connection to your computer, and you find none of the cables are working, this may indicate that you need a replacement cable. I'd recommend reaching out to local support to get hold of this. Let me know what you find when you try the steps I listed!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Comrad
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2021

Hi Sam,

Yes, I used to love my headphones

Unfortunately, I am not able to bring them back to life and they are useless pile of technology atm.

I followed the steps and tried updating the firmware. The issue is that I can't turn them on and hence can't use the app to update the firmware which requires a Bluetooth.

Any more ideas?

Tegan_M

I am very sorry to hear this. As you have tried the suggested troubleshooting, please contact your local Bose product support team by the information which Sam_F has provided above, an agent here can assist you further with service. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!