Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 2, 2018

QC 35 II - headphones sound different for different devices, a laptop and a phone.

Dear Bose Community, 

Why do the headphones sound different with different devices, in my case a laptop and a mobile phone?

I am using Bose QC 35 II headphones and generally listen to music from my mobile phone but when I switch from my phone to my laptop using spotify connect. I can see the difference on how different they sound. 

In this case different means they different audio characteristics rather than only volume.

Laptop : Thinkpad 13 (Windows 10 )

Phone: Nexus 6 (Android 7.1.1)

Please let me know.

Thank you

Best Regards

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: QC 35 II - headphones sound different for different devices, a laptop and a phone.

Hello nighthawkuser,

Thanks for posting this thread and welcome to the Community! 

That's very interesting that you are getting different listening experiences between your devices, this should not be something that you should be noticing. I would be more than happy to help you further with this today, could you tell me in more detail what the difference you are experiencing is?

There is most likely settings on your device that is causing the difference in the sound, this would be something you look into in the meantime. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support

Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 2, 2018

Re: QC 35 II - headphones sound different for different devices, a laptop and a phone.

Dear Zoe C,

I am not sure how to say it, but the audio experience is more recessed. Since spotify can switch between devices I sense it in the same songs, I also increased the volume of my laptop but it's not the same. 

Please let me know, on how I can test it.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello nighthawkuser,

Thanks for getting back to me, I think the best way to start testing to find the cause of the issue would be to try another pair of headphones using the same streaming app and device as you were using with the QC35's as then you can see if there is still a difference which would mean we need to look into the settings of the devices. Is the difference dramatic or subtle?

Please get back to me with your results.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 2, 2018

Dear Zoe C,

I was at location A when I noticed the issue. The issue was dramatic because even when I increased the volume in my laptop to 90 I was not getting the same listening experience. But now when I am at location B, I am not able to notice any difference. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello nighthawkuser,

Right I see that's very interesting, are you now only getting the difference in audio when you are in a different location? If this is happening it could be that there is some interference in location B or that you are not getting a strong enough connection. Let's try to do some troubleshooting to see if this helps, we can start with a reset. 

To reboot your headset:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 2, 2018

Dear Zoe C,

Do you mean location A, because that's where I noticed the issue?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello nighthawkuser,

Yes sorry, I meant location A! 

What was the outcome of testing in location A after the headphone reset? 

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 2, 2018

Dear Zoe C, 

Thank you for so fast replies, but I will only be able to give the answer tomorrow. I will let you know for sure.

Cheers.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello nighthawkuser,

Thanks for letting me know, that's fine I will await your results. 

Kindest regards,

Zoe C