tapsilog
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

QC 35 II left ear stopped working

QC 35 II already out of warranty

Paid 350 brand new

Left ear not working with different phones, devices either wired or wireless

Bose store in ARizona declines to offer service or repair nor discount for a new pair

VERY dispappointed with BOSE

I own QC 25 also

I am looking at Bose NC 700 but with recent BAD experience with BOSE, its hard to commit 400 for product not supported by BOSE company when trouble arrises

22 REPLIES 22
Jessie_O

Re: QC 35 II left ear stopped working

Hi Tapsilog, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about the experience you have had. Though I can not offer any service through this platform I can certainly point you in the right direction. 

I would recommend reaching out to our Technical Support Team. I have included the LINK HERE to the Contact details for the US and one of our agents will be happy to assist. Even if your headphones are out of warranty, we do still offer some great services. 

I hope this helps, if you have any other queries please reach out again. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
xhibachi24x
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2019

I'm in the same boat as you!

I ordered my pair about 1 year and 4 months ago. The left ear stopped working, and I was searching online on solutions. I was this close to going to an actual Bose store until I read your post right now. I'm really unsure about what to do next besides giving up and not buying Bose at all anymore. 

dmprxx
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Bose QC35 no sound from left ear

Hello, I was recently in a call with my Bose QC35 headphones and out of nowhere the ear on the left side stopped working. I know it is not a hardware issue because I have not thrown them and also because if I turn off the noise canceling and connect my headphones by cable I have sound on both sides. This only happens if I turn on the noise canceling of the headphones.
It seems strange to me but I never received calls through my headphones today I was on a call and that's where it happened. I tried installing the firmware again and resetting the bluetooth devices but it still doesnt work. Also, I dont want to pay for a new pair of headphones because I know this is a software problem and Bose needs to fix it.

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Bose QC35 no sound from left ear

@dmprxx 

You may want to provide additional information on what you were using to make the phone call (phone, computers, etc.).  You may also need to confirm if when doing stereo streaming (not phone calls) with your Bluetooth if it works with one speaker or both speakers.

Also Bose is going to ask you to go through their standard troubleshooting steps such as as getting rid of all pairings from both sides and reinitialize your QC35ii with the method of connecting the cable on one end, etc. (mentioned elsewhere in this forum).

Unless you upgraded your firmware right before this happened I highly recommend you DO NOT change your firmware as a troubleshooting step even if Bose insists as it could adversely impact your ANC.

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello dmprxx,

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with you QC35 headphones. This is absolutely something that I would be able to help you with today, could you please let me know whether you are using a computer or a phone? Are you using any applications like Teams or Skype when the issue occurs? You mentioned that you had reset your Bluetooth devices, have you also reset your headphones? If not, you can do this by following the steps below:

1. Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  2. Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  4. Power on your product

I look forward to hearing from you

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

TLS
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

I have used my Bose two times for travel and I pulled them out today and it is only working in one ear. So disappointed. I have tried to resume to my devise and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and reconnected the device. Not working. 
I can only hear out of the one ear. This is ridiculous to have failed after a few uses, and I stored correctly in the case. Did you get a resolve? 

Hector_B

Hey TLS, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to read that you are having this experience and would love to assist you further. 

Can you please let us know how you are connecting to the headphones or Bluetooth? From your post above I would assume Bluetooth, if this is the case can you please try an Aux connection to see if the issue still persists? Testing the headphones with another device and different streaming sources will also be very helpful so we can eliminate them as routes of the issue. 

Resetting the headphones can also remedy this issue that you are having, you can perform a standard product reset by following these steps below: 

• Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  • Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  • Power on your product.

We would always recommend ensuring that your headphones are running the latest software version to ensure that you are up to date with the latest bug fixes. You can ensure that you are on the latest software by connecting the headphones to a PC and visiting our Online Updater, then follow the instructions on the screen to update the device. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
hansenra
Participant
Registered since

Dec 24, 2017

Same problem of no sound in left ear after update while using Bluetooth. Have not seen a fix yet.

Jeff_G

Hello hansenra, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your QC35 not producing sound in the left ear. If you have tried the troubleshooting mentioned above, I would recommend the following:

• Test the headphones with another device to see if the issue persists.
  • Test if the issue occurs when connected via a wired connection.

Please let me know your results.

Kind regards,

Jeff G