Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2018

QC 35 II microphone disconnecting while on call

I am using QC 35 II with the latest firmware(4.3.6). Recently, when I am in a call the microphone seems to cut off around 15 minutes during the call. I have to manually switch the call to the speaker(or some other source) and then connect back to the headset to have microphone working again. This can be seen almost most of the time but not all the time.

I am currently using iPhone Xs with the latest OS(iOS 12.3.1) for my calls. It did not happen with another Bluetooth headset that I am using.

40 REPLIES 40
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

Re: QC 35 II microphone disconnecting while on call

I am experiencing exactly the same issue!!

In my case, the timeframe when the mic cuts off is random. It can happen after 2 minutes or 5 or 15...

Switching the call back to the phone works for me too (if I do it very quickly - the other part usually hangs up on me). I have not tried ro re-connect the headphones.

I am having the same setup: IPhone Xs: 12.3.1 and Bose FW: 4.3.6

Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

I have the same problem with my SoundLink, but with my ThinkPad.  It turns off during calls, every 5-10 minutes.  But it doesn't happen when connected to my Galaxy S9 phone, even when I'm not talking.  I can listen to music for as long as I want. 

Since i use it for work, it's not a lot of fun. 

Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

@Kingsmen wrote:

I am experiencing exactly the same issue!!

In my case, the timeframe when the mic cuts off is random. It can happen after 2 minutes or 5 or 15...

Switching the call back to the phone works for me too (if I do it very quickly - the other part usually hangs up on me). I have not tried ro re-connect the headphones.

I am having the same setup: IPhone Xs: 12.3.1 and Bose FW: 4.3.6

Same issue and specs 😞

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi all,

Thank you all for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having with the microphones on your headsets, and would be happy to look into this for you.

@dybarra , @Kingsmen and @harishb.bio , can I ask that you clear the Bluetooth list on your headphones, and choose to "forget this device" from the Bluetooth settings within your connected phones?

You can clear the Bluetooth List by holding the Power/Bluetooth button on the Bluetooth position for 10 seconds, until you hear the prompt that the Bluetooth device list has been cleared. From here, the headphones will act as if they are ready to pair once again, in which case please connect these as if they were new, and perform a test call!

@WhistlerWoman Whilst you are using a different set of headphones, I would ask that you perform the same clearing process as above, and then test this as well!

If the Bluetooth Clear does not resolve your issue, can I ask that you all get back to me to let me know how often this happens, and if this also happens when you are connected exclusively by the cable connection?

I look forward to hearing from you all!

Liam W - Community Support

Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

Done. Took one 16 minute call that did not experience the issue. I’ll reply back if it happens again. Thanks for the suggestion.

-Dave
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2018

@Liam_W   Thanks for your response. I tried as you have mentioned. I still face the same problem, albeit I will try one more time and see if the problem persists. 

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi again!

@dybarra glad to hear that this resolved this issue for you - please do reach out again if you have further issues! 👍

@harishb.bio thank you for testing this for me. Can I ask that we follow this up by performing a reset to both the phone and the headset?

You can reset your iPhone by powering this off, waiting 3-5 minutes, then powering this back on.

The headset reset is performed by turning off the headset and waiting 30 seconds. Following this 30 seconds, plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After this, unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute more, then turn the headset back on.

If this does not resolve the issue still, then please leave the headset connected and playing overnight/when not in use, so that this runs the battery flat. When the battery is flat, please run this charge back up to full (this will take 2-3 hours of charging) then test the headset again.

Please get back to me when you can!

Liam W

Contributor
Registered since

Jan 31, 2017

I have done what you suggested @Liam_W .

It is a little bit to early for me to say anything conclusive as this issue has been intermittent.

But so far, I have not experienced any mic drop outs.

Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2019

Hi Liam,

I am also having this same issue. I have followed the steps that you listed in your response and I am still having the issue. It mainly occurs when I am connected via Bluetooth but it also occasionally happens while I am connected via a cord.

Look forward to any help that you can provide.

Brian