Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 10, 2019

QC 35 II no sound in left ear

I have the Bose QC 35 series II headphones from 2017. A few days ago I upgraded to the current firnware 4.5.2

sometime between two days ago and today the left earphone has complete stopped producing any sound

i tried resetting as described in one of the Bose responses (turn off 30 sec, plug in 5 sec, wait 60 sec) reconnect. That does help. I connected two 2 different devices (iphone or iPad) same issue. I also connected the left side to a wire audio input and sound came through clearly but only on the right ear.

i am positive there was no trauma to the device as I always keep it safe in the hard shell case which I keep in my backpack with me all the time

is there anything that can be done to fix this? I really like my headphones! 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: QC 35 II no sound in left ear

Hello Dg111979, 

Thanks for reaching out, welcome to the community. I am sorry that you're only able to get audio from your right earpiece. 

We appreciate you taking the time in performing some troubleshooting, these are the steps in which we would offer you to attempt. In this instance, I would recommend that you reach out to your regions local Bose product support team for further assistance. Our team can be contacted via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

An agent here will be able to look into this with you further. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

Hi Tegan, I am also having the same issue with my Blue Bose QC35 ii’s right earpiece. I live in Cairo, Egypt, and I was told by my local Bose retailer in Cairo Festival City Mall, New Cairo, that there is a Bose repair center in this location

, or maybe this one , I am not sure which one, but I am sure it is in the vicinity of the Kobri Al (bridge of) Merghany road.

I have two questions. Firstly, can you verify which location above is an active repair center for Bose?

Secondly, are you able to roughly describe to me what the issue may be caused by specifically? Is it a disconnection of some wire or something or is it a broken speaker, according to any experience you may have had with other users? I believe it may have been caused by putting down my bag too hard at some point, which contained by Bose headphones in their hard-shell case. No damage seems to have occurred to the exterior of the headset at all (no scuffs, cracks, rattling noises, nothing).

Thank you so much for reading this. I really want to get them fixed as soon as possible and don’t want to make a long trip to the repair center in these coronavirus times without getting them fixed, so I would appreciate any help I can get. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

Highlighted

Hi Ohelshazli,

Thank you for coming back to us! 

For support in Egypt, I have included the LINK HERE with all the information you need. 

Regarding your second questions, this is not something we can say specifically, there are a number of things that may cause this issue. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.