Yunusmhd
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Re: QC 35 II noise cancelling not working properly?

As suggested, I followed the steps recommended but still, it's the same. No improvement in noise cancellation. 

@Hector_B wrote:

Hi Pinojosi, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue, however I would love to help. 

I would love to recommend some troubleshooting steps I believe may be able to fix this: 

If your headphones are up to date and still experiencing this issue I would recommend performing a product reset. This can be done via: 

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Sound of Silence
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

Have you figured any solution to this because I also have the same issue and I believe i could have saved a couple hundred dollars and got non noise cancelling ones because that is potentially what these are now. 

Yunusmhd
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Unfortunately, there's no fix available to this problem yet. Hopefully, Bose will consider releasing a new update.

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Sound of Silence  What version of firmware are you on?  As you can tell by the many posts here, there is a group of users here who like you are quite disappointed with the two latest releases of firmware, 4.5.2 and 4.3.6.  Boses only path for firmware is forward and they recommend you wait for Bose to fully investigate the situation though so far in their official communications here have stated that there have been no changes made to ANC (which the customers here dispute).  So you have two choices - wait for an official next step from Bose (which may or may not alleviate your issue) or you can do a search of "reddit qc35 downgrade" which many but not all here have said could make things better.  Though keep in mind, the Bose does not support doing this so you do it at your own risk.

olafmol
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

"@jsteblay wrote:

I'm having the smae problem--the noise cancelling actually seams to be amplifing noice around me like people typing on the key board or even their voices coming through louder than they would be if i had no head phones on at all. a $450 product should finicky..."

Could it be that you have some microphone input activated on a device that is bluetooth connected to your CQ35? This input will then be picked up and repeated in your headphones.

Highlighted
jonscu
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

I got my old qc25 replaced with new qc35 ii and the noice cancellation is significantly worse than in the qc25.

As we all can see, this issue is quite common and reported for long time ago. Is this sw issue going to be fixed or should I just change to Sony's headphones?