pinojosi
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

QC 35 II noise cancelling not working properly?

I've got a brand new QC 35 II, and I suppose to have a problem with the noise cancelling function. As you know, noise cancelling headphones fight noise with other noise, well I can hear that noise (when music is off, obv) and  I started to experience ear discomfort etc. When playing music, I can hear the ambient noise too (just a little bit obv). I was ready for an high noise isolation but isn't it. That's it, so my headphones are working properly? Can I do testing or something of similar?

15 REPLIES 15

Re: QC 35 II noise cancelling not working properly?

Hi Pinojosi, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue, however I would love to help. 

I would love to recommend some troubleshooting steps I believe may be able to fix this: 

If your headphones are up to date and still experiencing this issue I would recommend performing a product reset. This can be done via: 

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Marcopolo123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 30, 2019

The same happened to mine. Bought mine that blocks out most of the noise even tho it’s not tightly secured on my ears nor earcups securely attached “whatever the mods are saying”. After recent updates even the casual talk of someone 5 feet away from me I can hear clearly. A $450 product turned to a mediocre $100 headphones in an instant.
luckyontherocks
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 30, 2019

I had a QC35ii that worked prettly well in london underground, flights ,bus etc. I was very pleased.

It developed a fault( at least I thought it did ) and the quality of nocie cancelling suffered. I contacted bose support who talked me through troublehooting steps ( over whatsapp) but it didnt help. they swapped the headphones and sent across new ones.

Unfortunately the new ones are still not performing very well. It almost seems like somethings happened and the noise cancelling isnt good anymore. At best it filters out some background noise ( even cheap headphones do the same) I have had qc 35 and Qc20  in the past and have always been very happy and swore by bose when it came to noise cancelling headphones.

I would like to understand from others if you are having similar experience or is it just me.

Regards

Lucky

jrss
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

I have the same problem.  My headphones are a bit more than a year old.  My company bought them for me for my 25 year work anniversary. In the last week the noise cancelling stopped working.  The sound works fine but no noise cancelling.  I tried the suggestion made in this thread but it had no impact.  What are my options?  What would it cost to get this repaired?  They are not that old that I should have such an issue.

Thanks for any help.

Jack

Hello Jrss, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am so very sorry to hear that you are having issues with your QC35 II headphones noise canceling not working. I would urge you to reach out to your local support center and explore the service options for your headphones. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

ManCity16
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

After seeing the post and experiancing the same issues with a pair I bought on 6/2/19, I just went out on a limb and exchanged them for the Sony 1000x m3's. I must say that I am very happy with this choice. I work in a large IT office and when I tried the Bose with the ANC turned on I could hear people 5 feet away. The Bose had me constantly checking to find out if the ANC was even turned on only to hear that the ANC was on the highest level. Also there was almost no difference between the high and low ANC settings. However the Sony's were day and night better. Just to make sure I had my roommate whom knows nothing about head phones and has no brand preferance test out both and he said that he could notice quite a large diffierence. As much as I loved how the Bose felt on my ears. I highly recommend getting the Sony's rather than waiting for an update to possiblly fix this, especially if Bose support is saying nothing was changed. Save yourselves the frustration. Both are GOOD headphones BUT you will notice a difference.

Best regards

luckyontherocks
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 30, 2019

@ManCity16 

I have found sony 1000x series uncomfortable compared to bose Qc35/Qc35II. Having said that i havent tried the Sony 1000xm3. are they comfortable.

Returning the bose qc35II isnt an option for me as they can only be replaced but not returned anymore. I would like to try going back to qc35 if Bose will be ready to exchange although not sure if those have also developed the same issue that i am seeing with bose qc35II.

jsteblay
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

I'm having the smae problem--the noise cancelling actually seams to be amplifing noice around me like people typing on the key board or even their voices coming through louder than they would be if i had no head phones on at all. a $450 product should finicky...

billywag
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

I just got the update to my Bose QC35ii and last night my noise cancelling went completely degraded. Im wondering if Bose is adopting the Apple model of degrading performance on older models to make loyal users buy the new model. If this is the case, I'm definitely getting away from Bose. I need this resolved since i use them to work and sleep. without the noise cancelling working correctly i am better off with $20 headphones...