Highlighted
Kloet
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

QC 35 II random disconnect/connect

Hi Bose,

Last week an issue arose in my Bose QuietComfort 35 series 2 headphones, where they keep disconnecting and reconnecting to my phone. It works fine with the cable.

I've looked this issue up and I've seen that people had this problem in the past, with the same and different phones and android versions. I also tried those solutions, (clearing paired devices, unpairing from my phone, and the soft reset with charger,) but none of those solved my problem.

Some details of the used hardware and software:

• Phone: Moto X4, updated to Android 9
  • QC 35 II firmware: 4.5.2
  • QC 35 II manufacture date: 17 October 2018
  • Bose connect version: 8.1

Do I have a defective unit or is there a relatively easy fix?

And another question is if this would fall under warranty if it isn't fixable by me (the customer)?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: QC 35 II random disconnect/connect

Hello Kloet, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with the connectivity of your QC35 II's. This definitely does sound unusual and I will do all I can do help. 

You have done a great job of troubleshooting so far. 

Do you by any chance have another device that you could connect to a test for similarities?

Although you are running the latest firmware version, could you please visit btu.bose.com on your computer and check that the firmware has been installed successfully. 

This certainly will fall under warranty, but let's continue with troubleshooting first. Let me know how you get on.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Kloet
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

I just used the bose updater (btu.bose.com), and it said the firmware version installed was 4.1.3, and the latest available was 4.5.2, so I installed that. Unfortunately the problem persists. 

I don't have another bluetooth headset to test my phone's bluetooth, but I do have 2 speakers, and they dont have the issue. I also tested the connection of the headphones and the speakers on my iPad, and the speakers work but the headphones keep disconnecting and reconnecting. 

I also should've mentioned in my previous post that the headphones make the disconnect and connect sound everytime.

I hope you can help me further.

Kind regards,

Kloet.

Hello Kloet, 

I'm sorry to hear that this did not help your situation and thank you for providing the extra information. 

Regrettably, it seems that we have exhausted the available troubleshooting options and you may have a fault with the Bluetooth on your QC35 II's. With this in mind, I would highly recommend that you contact us via one of the following communication methods:

- Facebook private message

- Twitter private message

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Please accept my apologies that I was unable to assist you any further with this matter. 

If you have any queries please do get back to me.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G