Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2021

QC 35 II volume not wroking while i play games on pc

I'm not looking for a deep explanation.  I'm just trying to find out if its just the headset or something that I can fix and what I can do to fix it. when I play a multiplayer game I cant hear audio. All I hear is my echo and static noises. I was planning in buying a mic (hyperx solocast) and I was planning to use the headphones as audio and the mic for talking to friends. But when I set my headset up I could listen to YouTube and single player games but when I tried to play online I heard my echo and static noises but no audio. I tried disabling the game chat in all the games I played (rainbow six siege, fortnite, volorant). I'm just wondering if the headset cant run audio and mic at the same time or if its something i can switch in my settings (windows ten).

3 REPLIES 3

Re: QC 35 II volume not wroking while i play games on pc

Hey ctoan,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to learn you're encountering your audio in-game, but I'd be happy to help.

Have you checked all the in-game settings for when you play online games, to ensure the audio output is set to your Bose headphones? Also, do you have the headphones connected via Bluetooth or with an audio cable? Do you have any other or older headphones you could test to see if the same behavior and static audio occurs?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2021

Re: QC 35 II volume not working while I play games on pc

I have checked my in game settings and there all correct. I have them connected via Bluetooth and where it shows what your device is connected for. It says voice and music and not audio like other headsets. it works on nonmultilayer games or when I play with bots but when I join a online game with voice chat it tries to turn the mic on and doesn't have any audio. I have turning voice chat off and it didn't affect anything. Is there a way that I can turn off the mic or if I plugged in a mic for voice like the hyper x solo cast would it turn off and go back to audio I don't have the mic yet but I'm planning to get it if it turns the headset mic off and goes back to game audio. the static audio and no game volume has only just started with this headset. thanks for the reply.

Re: QC 35 II volume not working while I play games on pc

Thanks for updating us on this ctoan. 

The QC35 II's aren't really designed to be used for PC gaming, which is why you may be struggling here. I'd recommend our new QC35 II Gaming Headset as this will resolve all of these issues you are having. 

The only way that you will be able to disable the mic for this headset is to connect the wired cable to the device, meaning that you would need to have a wired connection. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!