Vibush1984
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 16, 2019

Re: QC 35 Sound Issues After Firmware Update 2.5.5.

I hear a hissing noise on my QC35 after the upgrade. I thought I was imagining things and tried my wife's QC35 which has not been updated. It was pretty clear that Bose either screwed something up or is trying to use software to intentionally downgrade devices to make room for new products.

Hello Vibush1984, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you were having issues with the 2.5.5 firmware upgrade. We have since released a new software version, please can you follow the steps below to update your headphones and then reset them and let me know if you are still having issues after that. 

• Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.
  • Perform a product reset, to do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Highlighted
shnaqvi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

I had run into the same issue where ANC noticeably went bad after the firmware upgrade by the Bose Connect App. Browsing for the solution online, I stumbled upon this very useful article which solved my issue https://www.androidauthority.com/bose-quietcomfort-35-ii-anc-firmware-1010335/. Indeed the issue was the broken firmware update by the Bose Connect App and updating it from Bose Updater on my Mac fixed the issue. Poor hissing sound is now gone and I'm back to the smooth ANC that I had expected of and experienced on my QC 35 II out of the box. Happy Boser.