CJ_Punk
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2019

QC 35 and MBP Connection Problem-- Tried Every Solution

I’ve been having problems connecting my QC35 headphones to my Macbook Pro off and on for months now, and I’m really starting to get frustrated.

I feel like I’ve tried every solution possible, and usually, somewhere down the line, I’m able to get them to work. But not this time.

Things I’ve already checked/done this round:

Restart my Mac

Restart my headphones

Reset my headphones via 10 second hold

Reset my Mac’s Bluetooth module

Delete the Bluetooth plist file

Delete the connection through the app

Confirm the headphones connect to my phone

Connect my phone to my Mac

Confirm updated firmware on my headphones

Now, the latest thing that’s happening is I’m getting a “connection failed” message on my Mac’s bluetooth preferences window. And I’ve tried ALL of the above listed solutions, and my headphones still won’t connect to my Macbook Pro.

Please tell me there’s a fix to make all this go away, other than throwing my headphones in the garbage.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: QC 35 and MBP Connection Problem-- Tried Every Solution

Hi CJ_Punk,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble connecting your headphones to your Macbook Pro.

Just to clarify with you, is it just the Macbook that is struggling to connect? Are we able to pair the headphones with any other Bluetooth devices? 

Also which generation of Macbook Pro do you have and what OS is it running?

Please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Kind Regards,

Keith_L - Community Support - 

CJ_Punk
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2019

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, it's just the Macbook that's having issues-- I can connected to my Android phone fine. I have the Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015 Macbook Pro, and it's currently running Mojave version 10.14.3.

Hello CJ_Punk 

Thank you for that information. I'm going to raise this to escalation to investigate this issue. 
We should have more information about this later in the week. 

We will get back to you soon as possible when we have more information. 

Many thanks 

Liam G

CJ_Punk
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 25, 2019

Is there an update for me?

Hi Cj_punk, 

Thanks for posting. We currently don't have an update for you as of now. We will be sure to update the community as soon as we do. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

vkg
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

I am having the same issue quoted above; seeing "Connection Failed" upon any attempts to connect to my QC35 from my Mac. Was there ever any solution to this? I have cleared my bluetooth list on my Bose QC35 multiple times. I can connect to my iPhone XS Max but not my MacBook Pro (2016 retina 13"). I cleared the Mac's bluetooth plist when debugging an issue with my Keyboard and Mouse connectivity several months ago but that doesn't seem to work here (the issue is also different as the Keyboard/Mouse listed as "connected" though not actually connected).

Hi Vkg, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing when connecting to your Macbook. I can understand how frustrating this must be for you and I'll do all I can to assist you! 

The issue you are experiencing does seem a little different due to the keyboard and the mouse. To confirm, are you also having issues with connecting these as well as your QC35's? 

We do not have an update at this time regarding the ticket which has been raised once we have an update we will update the Community. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

vkg
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Sorry to confuse you. My keyboard and mouse are fine. There is a separate solution for that problem. Everything is connecting to my laptop just fine EXCEPT my QC 35. My QC 35 are connecting to my iphone XS just fine.

Hi Vkg, 

Thank you for your clarification. 

The information you have provided is most helpful. 

Any updates for this issue will be posted to the community. 

If there is anything else in the meantime, we'd love to help! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O