Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 20, 2017

QC 35 and Movies on Planes

Hi.  Does anyone know if the QC 35's will work in noise cancelling mode while watching a movie on the airplane's entertainment system?   or do you need a cord?  and will the noise cancelling still work if you use a cord with these QC 35's

Thanks

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC 35 and Movies on Planes

Hi mikewentzell,

Thanks for the great question. Yes, the QC35 is engineered to fully function on Bluetooth or wired. Inside the holding case, you should see your airline adapter and the backup audio cable. Today, you may or may not need that adapter, but it's there if you do. Simply plug the audio cable into the headset and into the entertainment system. Slide the power switch to on, and you're good to go! 

If you have any more questions or feedback, let us know. We're here to help.

Thank you,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

It may be engineered to work on planes but it does not.

I am in a plane right now connected via cable and when i switch the headset on i lose the sound.

Unbelievable for such an expensive headset sold in airports.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 1, 2017

You must have a defective set of headphones. I use my QC35 wirelessly and wired regularly with no issues.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

ok sorry for my message, the cable was not plugged all the way in the headphone. It requires an unusual force to be well plugged.

Thank you

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 23, 2017

I just purchased my QC35ii yesterday

There is no 'aiplane adapter'    should there be one with this model?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey Sargan!

Thanks so much for reaching out and great question.  We did not include the airline adapter with the Series II but you can always pick one up here if you need.  

I hope that you and yours have a fantastic New Years and a great year.

Take care!

Shiloh_C 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 17, 2018

After returning my first set of wireless headphones because I couldn’t connect via cable on a plane, I ran into the same problem on my next flight. Had to google a bit and found that my set did not include an adapter but that if I jammed in the connection at the headset end it would work. Bad design and the store guys should have known about the issue instead of looking st my like I was crazy.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 14, 2018

I had the same problem purchased for a long trip. Sound cancelling worked great but I could not get bluetooth to work. Flight Attended tried also It did not work, I was most disappointed as this product is expensive and didnt do what I wanted it to do. Anyone any suggestions

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 14, 2018

Yes I got one in mine even though it didnt work I got one!